Wolfs

Jacob's POV

I growled, How could Micah tell Marie?

You idiot! You should've told her! Not let her find out from the pack! Blane snapped at me.

Shut up! We both agreed that it would be easier to spring one thing on her at a time.

We?! You came up with it and didn't want to listen to me! I told you to tell her everything at the beginning and you left her there! Not me! You're an idiot Jacob! Good luck with your mate.

Blane disappeared. I realized he locked himself away me. I growled and headed back to the pack house to talk to the elders and see if they knew how I could get him back.

I got back to the pack house and it was quiet. Someone said, "Shush! The Luna is asleep. Along with her kids, be quiet."

I walked in and I froze in my tracks. My mate was curled on the couch with the triplets snuggled into her. Sam was sitting on the floor playing with some cars. Chelsea was sitting in Callie's lap sleeping.

I couldn't move. Marie was exhausted. I could see it now. Being grabbed by Mike. The pain of someone grabbing the kids. Fighting with me. I took two steps before I fell to my knees beside the couch. I heard everyone freeze and watch us. Marie seemed to wake up slowly.

I watched her. She looked at me. "Jacob? I..."

I cut her off. "I'm sorry Marie. I wasn't thinking earlier. You were dealing with a lot more then me."

"Don't..." Marie passed out before she could finish her sentence.

"Marie!" I yelled.

I heard everyone sprint for Lillian. Ryan walked up behind me.

"This is for what you did to me Jacob." I could hear the venom in his voice.

I turned around. I got in a position to defend my family and the pack.

"You traitor! Why?" I hissed.

Blane returned then and growled alongside me.

"You killed my mate Jacob. I found her and you killed her!"

"Are you talking about the rogue?" I stared. "Are you kidding me?! She was gonna kill Tatum! I had no choice. I told her not to make me do it. I knew when I saw your face! I tried! Believe me! I tried! I didn't want to kill her, but she went after Tatum! If you didn't want her to die you should've stopped her! I even told you to stop her! I didn't want to hurt her! You were frozen! What did you want me to do Ryan?!"

"You didn't have to kill her! You could've knocked her out! You took my mate from me! Now, I'm taking your mate from you." He was cold.

I growled and launched at him, knocking out the front door into the yard. We both shifted in midair. I launched at him again. Blane was furious. My fury and his were one.

I was the true alpha and I wasn't letting him walk away from this fight alive. He would die for touching my mate.

Our growls filled the air. The pack surrounded us, preventing Ryan from turning tail and running. I knew Lillian was with Marie.

Your a dead man, Ryan. I said through the pack link.

No, Jacob. You are. With that he cut off the link turning himself into a rogue.

I howled in triumphant and he realized too late what he'd done. Several members jumped on him. Pinning him.

I shifted back. "Take him to the cells." I hissed venom in my voice.