Breaking & Entering

Marie's POV

After Jacob left I set Chelsea down. She waddle-ran into the living room. I saw the pile of toys that she was heading for. I laughed.

Sam looked at me weird. I cocked an eyebrow at him. He ran over to his sister.

I sighed and grab my bags. I moved them over to the stairs. I knew when I got bigger it would be hard getting up and down the stairs.

I walked back over and shut the front door. For some reason I was scared out of my mind.

"Sam. Chelsea. Come here now." I said.

My wolf spoke up again, Get somewhere safe now!

Ok, on it.

I grabbed the kids. I saw a door and for some reason shot for it like a bullet. I ran through it. I set the kids down and turned and bolted the door shut.

I heard a crash as the front door crashed open.

Kelly! What is that?! I yelled at Kelly, panicked.

It's a she-wolf. Unmated. She's after you. This door is lined with silver. It'll keep her out. She'll damage the house, trying to find you, to kill you.

What?!

Yeah. She'll be gone in 30 minutes tops if you can't get to you, but until you're mated to Jacob, you and your unborn pups are in danger.

Ok.

I looked at the kids. I grabbed them and move deeper into the basement. I saw toys and realized Jacob had set this up for an emergency.

Kelly?

Yes?

Can I reach out to Jacob in his mind, like I can talk to you?

Yes, but you have to focus solely on him in order to do it.

Ok, I'm gonna focus. Can you keep an eye out for me, while I try to reach him?

Definitely, my friend.

Thank you.

I focused on Jacob. On what he looked liked. I wanted to reach him.

Jacob? I barely brushed his mind about 25 minutes later.

I felt him jump. The she-wolf was gone now, but I was still scared. I tried again, when I heard two sets of footfalls in the house.

Jacob? Please tell me it's you. I begged.

It's me, baby. Where are you, baby?

I'm hiding with the kids. I'm scared. Is she gone?

Who? No one's here. Baby, come out, please.

Come get us. Follow my scent. I don't want to come out unless I know you're right there. Please, Jacob. I begged him.

I was terrified. I heard Jacob outside the door.

Baby girl, it's me. Unlock the door. Alpha Tom is with me. I promise no one is gonna touch you.

I reconnected with Kelly. Is it safe Kelly?

Yes, Marie. Go to Jacob he's worried about you.