Triplets or Not

Jacob's POV

I knew Marie blamed herself, but then I heard a faint heartbeat. I grabbed the tiny, little girl that everyone thought was dead. I patted her back and her throat finally cleared and she let out a tiny sob.

Marie looked up in astonishment. Everyone stared at me. I grinned from ear to ear. Marie was handed her son first and asked a name.

She thought for a minute. "Tyler."

Callie grabbed a hunter green blanket and wrapped Tyler in it. Then Tom handed Marie her second baby and asked a name for a her.

She thought for awhile, "I want a name for her that will be similar to her sister's."

"What about Taylor and Katy? Katy for her and Taylor for this little one." I said looking at the baby in my arms.

Marie grinned at me. And nodded her head ok. I smiled down at Taylor, who was asleep on me. Callie handed me a purple blanket and I wrapped it around Taylor. She wrapped Katy in a pink blanket. I had a funny feeling these wouldn't be girly girls. I looked over at Tyler who was already causing a fuss.

I laughed and Marie reached for him. Callie handed him over and Tyler snuggled into her chest. He fell asleep instantly. Tom placed Katy by Marie as she started to drift off. I sighed.

"Tom would you, Callie, and Lillian help me get all of these tired babies and my mate up to my room so they don't fall off the couch?" I asked.

"Yes we'll help. I guess you'll want to carry Marie. We can carry the kids for you."

"Thanks, but I'll carry Marie and Tyler since he's out on her already."

Callie grabbed Taylor and Chelsea. Lillian grabbed Katy and Tom grabbed Sam. I picked up Marie and led them all up to my room. I laid Marie on my bed. The newborns were placed beside her and Chelsea was put in her crib and Sam on his cot.

They left and I sat in the chair to watch them. I thought over the events. We had almost lost Taylor. She had come close to not making it. Marie was at fault for that, but I couldn't blame her.

She blamed herself for the attack. I blamed myself for her being in danger. I knew we wouldn't get anywhere doing this.

Blane, my wolf, spoke. What are you doing Jacob?

I don't know. Blane, what should I do? Why did I screw up? I've ruined everything. What now Marie hates me, why else would she not tell me that it was time?

She tried.

She what? Blane your lying.

No, I'm not. She tried. You had her blocked. You were mad she pushed you away, so you blocked her. I wouldn't say this if it wasn't true. She relied on you and you let her down.

How Blane? I didn't mean to.

You did. By not sticking close to her and disappearing all the time you let her down.

Oh.

I went back to thinking. Katy woke up and started to whimper, I knew she was about to cry. I picked her up and soothe her. She grabbed my thumb and held onto it.

I smiled at her. "I know you can't understand me yet, kiddo. But I'll protect you, your sister, and your brother. I know I'm not your biological father, but I will be a father to you. I'll be more then that. I'll be your dad."