Chapter Fifty- Eight- Luckiest Girl In The World

CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT 

There was a loud slurping noise as Sam sipped her mango smoothie. "I just don't get it!" She exclaimed. "He's ignoring me, I know it!"

I frowned, "Why do you think that he's ignoring you?" I glanced down at my phone to see another message from Caleb, he was coming soon.

There were tears in her eyes when she looked at me next. "I think that he might want to break up with me." Sam and I sat in the middle of the mall, on the ledge of a water fountain. There was a loud sound of the water running behind us and people walking past with their bags.

"Mason?" I frowned, "He wouldn't do that! He loves you!"

She wiped away her tears. "He's been acting really weird lately. He's been so distant." She glanced down at my phone. "And there you are with the perfect boyfriend who texts you every minute wanting to be near you. Mase won't even look at me."

I clutched my phone, feeling like it was some kind of plague to her. Everything in my life was perfect. It wasn't fair to Sam. I want everything in her life to be the same. "Maybe he's going though something."

"Then he should tell me!" She yelled. I winced at the amount of people looking at us in that moment. I gave them a weak smile in return. My eyes connected with someones in that moment, causing my smile to falter. Blake walked past, he smirked at me till his eyes reached Sam's. I watched as that smile widened. Ew. "I'm going to kill him if he ever looks at you like that again." I muttered.

Sam didn't reply, though her eyes followed him as he turned away and walked through the crowd. "He is pretty hot." She muttered to herself.

"Sam!" I slapped her with my hand, forgetting the amount of pain it would cause. I sucked in a breath.

"So explain to me what happened to your hand again?" She said while glancing down at it.

I shrugged and clutched it towards myself. "I sort of punched Aiden."

"Yeah you said that, but why?" She emphasised the word why. I could see that she was in a mood today.

"Because he's a jerk."

She sighed, "Maybe you could punch Mason next. Knock some sense into him."

Before I could reply, Caleb came into view with Oliver beside him. My heart instantly started to beat wildly in my chest when he grinned, picked me up and kissed me.

"Please stop." Sam muttered. "You're making me sick."

I pulled away with my own grin. "I can get used to that type of greeting."

Caleb smirked at Sam and let go of my waste. Instead, his hand held mine. "Want to come back to mine?"

I frowned, "My parents are your house with your parents. Is that such a good idea?"

He raised his eyebrows. "So you don't want to tell our parents that were together?"

I blinked at him in surprise. "I- I thought that you wanted some time-"

Caleb bursted out laughing. "I'm not wasting any more time pretending that I don't love you."

My stomach dropped to floor with a mountain of butterflies as I blushed. I looked at Sam, "Will you be OK if I go hang out with Caleb?"

She shrugged, her eyes scanning the mall. "I told you before that it was OK. Go hang out with your boyfriend."

I gave her a worried look. "Are you sure? I could stay or you could come to Caleb's...?" My voice trailed off.

Sam's eyes snapped towards me. "I'll be fine." She smiled. "I'll just hang out with Ollie here."

"Please don't call me that." Oliver interrupted, "My mum calls me that."

Sam grinned at him evilly. "Then Ollie it is." She looped her arm through his. "I'm in the mood to shop and get my hair done."

Oliver's eyes widened with terror. "Why did I come with you?" He said to Caleb.

Caleb grinned, "Because you said that you were bored."

"And now you're not!" Sam exclaimed, "Come on, let these two love birds go." With that I watched as Sam skipped forward, leaving Oliver to stumble forward in surprise.

We only walked a few steps before I stopped, "Oh damn, I forgot something on my list!"

Caleb grabbed my bags while smirking down at me, "You made yourself a list for shopping? You're so-"

"Lame?" I interrupted.

"Cute." He squeezed my hand, "Where do you want to go?"

I blushed and looked up from my phone, which contained the list. "I can go by myself. It's fine."

He shook his head, "I can go with you. Why are you embarrassed?" He squeezed my red cheeks for a second before grabbing my phone from my hands. He read my list for a second before his eyes met mine with a wider grin. "Come on."

Caleb practically dragged me along with his hand through the mall while my cheeks burned. We stopped outside of the bra shop before he chuckled to himself and entered. I sighed when he stopped again at a rack.. of bras (not boobs). "How about this?" He held up the lacy black bra while grinning wickedly.

"Caleb..." I rolled my eyes at him.

He turned towards a maids outfit. "Or this?"

I could practically see the red of my cheeks from the corner of my eyes. "Caleb!" I snatched it from his hand and placed it back on its rack.

"What?" He looked at me innocently, "I would really like to see you in that."

I rolled my eyes again, "I would really like you to shut up."

He grinned, "Getting annoyed? You're so cute when you get annoyed."

"You think everything I do is cute." I picked up a few plain bras as I walked around around the shop. Caleb was hot on my heels as he chuckled.

"That's true." I turned around to see him picking up another lacy bra. "You sure that you don't want it?"

"I feel like you want it." I swatted his hand away, "But you're not getting it for me."

He clutched it towards himself, "Fine, I might just get it for myself."

I pushed him out of my way, "You're such a loser."

He stumbled backward a step before laughing to himself and placing his hand on my shoulder. "Wait!" I halted to a stop, "It's here."

Caleb looked towards where I was staring and rolled his eyes, "Come on. You don't need to be embarrassed to be near her."

In that moment Mel turned around, her eyes met mine and she smiled. It wasn't a nice smile. "She looks like she's about to kill me." Beside her was Hayden who was staring at us with a frowned expression. He muttered something towards Mel who shrugged and gave a short nod.

I quickly paid for my bra's and started to hurry out of the shop. I glanced over my shoulder every second, looking for Hayden or Mel. Caleb stayed near my side, "Don't worry about them."

I opened my mouth to reply but my eyes connected with Hayden's. He stood at the end of the shop with Mel beside him, she glared. "You two are together now?" Hayden said with disbelief.

Mel turned away without a word and stormed out the rest of the shop. Hayden looked at her for a second then followed. I couldn't tell what was worse, one of her snappy comments or the fact that she didn't say something and know that she was about to plan revenge.

Kill me now.

"OK, what did you do to her?" I muttered once we were out of the mall. "What did you mean when you said last night that you had it covered?"

Caleb didn't answer me till we were in the car. He leaned against the seat and grabbed hold of my hand while giving a sigh. "OK, don't get mad alright?" I gave a short nod. "While you were unconscious in the hospital, Fred gave me a CD."

I frowned, "A CD?"

"It was the evidence that Mel placed that money in your locker..." His voice trailed off. "I gave it to Mr K." My eyes widened. "Oh man, you're mad aren't you?" He squeezed my hand. "I just didn't want you to have to go through anything about her again. I wanted to fix it." I continued to stare. "Say something."

"I love you so much." I finally breathed.

He grinned, "You're not mad?"

"No." I shook my head and grinned back. "I love the fact that you wanted to protect me."

His smile widened as he started his car. "Forever and always."

I sighed ten minutes later when he parked in his drive way. "My mum is going to freak."

He smiled. "You ready? We don't have to do this if we don't want to."

I gave him a quick peck on his lips. "Like you said. I don't want to pretend to anyone that I don't love you."

Caleb held onto my hand again before we walked inside. Voices instantly echoed from the kitchen. Caleb gave a low chuckle at the look on my face before walking inside. 

Our parents instantly stopped talking and looked at us. "Uh.." Caleb's voice trailed off in it's silence. "Alley and I have something to tell you all. Were together."

Helen and my own mum gave a squeal. "Finally!" Helen screamed and hugged me.

My dad walked towards Caleb and shook his hand, "Don't break my little girls heart." Though he was smiling, there was an edge to his voice.

Caleb had a strange serious look on his face. "I'll look after her, I promise."

My dad's smile widened and he patted Caleb on the back. Mr Conner's smiled at me warmly, walked towards me and gave me a hug. Before he pulled away though, he muttered in my ear. "I'm glad it was you."

 I smiled back, feeling my cheeks heat. I grabbed Caleb's hand, "We'll be right back."

Caleb grinned at me as I started to pull him out of the room, "OI! now that you're together, there's no staying in Caleb's room!" My dad yelled.

"Got cha!" I called behind me. I raced towards Caleb's room  and quickly jumped on his bed. 

Caleb looked down at me, on his bed. "A bit embarrassed?"

"Our mums were looking like they wanted to start planning our wedding."

Caleb leaned down and kissed me. His lips lingered on mine for a moment where my heart raced. He pulled away, "That wouldn't be such a bad thing."

I laughed, "You want to marry me?"

He rolled his eyes at me, "You make it sound like the most absurd thing. There's no one else I could imagine myself being with for the rest of my life."

I sat up and smiled, all the air from my lungs practically escaped in that moment. I avoided his eyes with embarrassment till they rested on a picture near his bed. "Caleb, what's that?" I pointed towards the photo. It was me. I was wearing a strapless red dress. I remembered that day, it felt like forever ago. My face was shocked. I also remembered the moment. It was when Caleb had surprised me and came into the changing room then told me that my face was 'priceless'.

He grinned, "I love that photo."

"Were going to need a better photo together."

He smiled, "i'll be taking many, don't you worry."

I raised an eyebrow. "Because every moment together is precious?"  

"Something like that." He kissed my forward and lead me out of the room. "Come on. I don't think that your dad was joking about us not being allowed in the same room together alone. If we stay in any longer, there could be a gun in his hand."

I laughed and hugged him, "I'll protect you." I paused. "Caleb?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?" He laughed. 

"Making me the luckiest girl in the world." 

He rolled his eyes though before he turn around, I noticed a  largel smile on his lips. Something told me that my words made his heart speed just like his did.

________________________________________________________

TWO CHAPTER LEFT!
I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION IN THE NEXT CHAP AND SOME SPECIAL NEWS ABOUT THE SEQUEL COMING UP! I'M SURE THAT YOU'RE ALL WONDERING WHO'S STORY ITS GOING TO BE ON, I CAN TELL YOU NOW THAT IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ABOUT ALLEY ANYMORE (SORRY!)
xoxoxox votes & comments are much appreciated!