Chapter Eighteen- Not Everyone Is Blind

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

If there was a way were you could kill someone just by glaring at them, then I'd be a trillion times dead.

Who knew that spilling pasta over the most popular girl made everyone else hate you? High school was so lovely sometimes it made me want to cry with joy, not.

"AND A FIVE, SIX, SEVEN AND EIGHT!" Mel stood in the front of the cheerleaders, screaming like a manic.

I stood in the back trying to hide the way I was huffing and trying to breathe. No one stood near me, not even my team members- Avery and Scarlett. It was like I had a big bold letters across my forehead saying 'DO NOT TALK TO HER OR YOU WILL BE HATED'. Right after I walked down the hallway Sam had practically ran towards me and screamed how amazing I was.

No one ever stood up to Melanie, so right now my fellow classmates were tied between hating on me and being shocked. And honestly, I was pretty sure that I was more shocked out of all of them. I had never done anything so... bitchy in my whole life. That wasn't me. So what the heck had come across me?

I went to class to finish the rest of the day till I realised that I had cheerleading practice. I was about to head home and forget about it before Sienna walked past me in the hallway and practically spat towards me. "Cheerleading practice is on the field."

So here I am. In my PE shorts and blue top, I noticed that most of the girls didn't bother to wear the school PE clothes but tight shorts and a cropped tops. The bleachers were filled with a few people, I was pretty sure that I could see Oliver and Aiden sitting there. I knew that Sam was sitting there too, probably not even able to focus with them there.

Why the heck were they even there? Was Caleb somewhere around here too?

I hadn't heard much about Caleb and Melanie's relationship status, there was a rumour going around that they had a fight and by the glare and disgust look that covered Mel's face when she looked at me.... I didn't have to have to take a guess to who it was about.

"Girls! It's not rocket science!" Mel screamed. We were all trying to follow her beat to the song, they were pretty basic steps at the moment but most of the girls were struggling. I huffed out a deep breath, growing annoyed.

Oh, what the hell.

"Mel, maybe you should give the girls who can't get the steps private lessons." I yelled it out loud enough for her to hear. The girls all turned around, looking shocked and glaring at me.

There was a long silence where Mel just slowly walked up to me. She stopped a step away, everyone was dead silent. Suddenly she smiled. "Your right." She turned back around. "If you any of you aren't getting the steps then come at lunch time tomorrow." Her voice was so sweet and nice that it made me want to throw up.

What the heck? My eyes searched the field till they rested on Caleb. He was near the bleachers watching us, a smile on his face. He gave me a half wave.

I turned away, well that explained it all.

"Well, I guess you've all been expecting this. Let's see your solos." Mel called out, once she walked back.

Oh crap. I had totally forgotten about it, judging by the girls worried glances I could tell that most of them had forgotten as well. Mel suddenly grinned, it wasn't a kind smile. I looked behind her and noticed that Caleb was no longer there. Double crap.

My heart sped to an uncomfortable beat as we all lined up. I felt bad for the girl who started first- she was a small blonde who looked like she was about to throw up. I didn't blame her. I thought fast, biting my lip. Mel had sneered at most of the girls so far.