Chapter Nine- All Because Of You

CHAPTER NINE

"Hurry about Alley! Or you're going to be late!" I rolled my eyes and bounded down the stairs. I quickly grabbed an apple again and I kissed Mum on the cheek. "Wait! I have to go to the doctors; can you please take Isabelle to school?"

I paused near the entrance of the door and grabbed my bag. "Fine." I sighed, Isabelle rushed out the door before me and I gave my mum a half wave before running after her.

The ride to school took only 10 minutes though Mum usually always took Isabelle because she started earlier than me and I had trouble getting out of bed. I was late, which meant that Isabelle was really late.

By the time we got to the school, Isabelle was fuming at me. "You have to walk me to class!" She shouted, when I was about to walk to the seniors section.

I sighed, "Why?"

"Because Mum always does."

"Fine." I grabbed hold of her small hand in mine and sped walked to the building. By the time that we arrived at her classroom and I gave her a quick hug, the bell had already gone.

"Aw wasn't that cute." I heard someone say behind me. Caleb stood behind me, his sister by his side. She ran towards Anna and they both started talking looking up at us while they did.

I ignored Caleb. "What is it?" I snapped at them, my day today was already turning crap.

Anna blushed while Isabelle looked up at me his face expectant. "Is Caleb your boyfriend?"

"No." We said at the same time. My anger surged and I started walking down the long hallway.

"Remember that you have to pick me up after school to!" Isabelle called after me.

I lifted up my arm in a half wave, not turning around.

I walked outside of the building and towards the senior side section, hearing the distinct sound of the bell. Great.

"Geesh." Caleb stopped running and slowed down to meet his strides with mine. "Have you got your period or something?"

I didn't answer but sped up my pace.

"That was a joke."

"Well it wasn't funny." I snapped.

"What's wrong now Alley?" He said, stepping in front of me.

"Get out my way. I'm already late." I said as he tried to block my way again.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

I stared up at his face. "I don't want to hear about your girlfriend Caleb, I don't like her. Call it female instinct but you don't need to sound so disgusted every time someone asks if were going out. You wanted my honest answer? There it is."

His face was so surprised that I pushed past him and ran towards my next class.

"Yesterday I didn't think about giving you all this but obviously you all need it." Everyone's heads snapped up at Mrs Norway's words. "I have a list of allocated seats."

The class gave a chorus of moans. I looked at Sam and we both rolled our eyes and sighed.

It was second period and we both had English. Yesterday had been so hectic from getting our schedules to running to each class, but then we also had a pretty smooth day of just finding out what we had were doing for the year from each teacher.

The first day was usually the best because you didn't really do anything though I had a bad feeling that we were all about to get a lot of homework. Next year was our last year so I figured that the homework load was going to get a lot worse than last year to creep up for the next.