Chapter Fourty Three- Betrayal Was Not My Ultimate Goal

CHAPTER FOURTY THREE

"Sam." I hissed. "I don't think that you understand. Mel said that she's going to get you today."

"I don't care." She had this unwavering determined look on her face. I didn't like it. Mel was going to eat her for breakfast.

"Yes you do!" I exclaimed.

"No. What I care about is the fact that you ditched me yesterday for your new friends."

I gave her a blank look. What? "I went shopping with them." Thank god my mum hasn't found out yet, I came home from shopping with bags of clothes (Mel picked them out) that I stashed under my bed. The school didn't call and I hoped that they wouldn't today. I was standing in the corridor near my locker, again.

"It's only been two days and already she's making you into one of her."

"What are you talking about?!" I frowned. "This was your idea!"

Her gaze shifted behind me. "Oh good, here she comes. Let's finish this once and for all."

"Sam!" I whispered. Panic rose in me as my eyes darted between Mel who was storming towards us and Sam's determined expression.

"Alley." Mel demanded and took stopped in front of us. "You're near that

loser again."

I felt Sams eyes dart towards me, out of the corner of my eye I could see her frowning.

"I-I was just telling her to stay away from you." I stuttered. I felt my own cheeks warm as everyone turned to stare at the situation unraveling itself in front of me.

Sams eyes widened before she exclaimed. "What!?"

"Good." Mel smirked evilly. "Because I want you to make a choice, it's her or it's me."

Sam gave me a desperate look, my eyes shifted away from her to a grinning Mel. I walked over to her and faced Sam. Without another word I leaned forward and pushed the books down from Sam's hands. They fell to the floor with a loud crash.

Tears were in her eyes as she stared up from the books and at me with betrayal.

I swallowed back whatever vomit wanted to surface. "You wanted to know what your punishment would be for taking my phone Samantha?" Mel grinned, "I just took away from your best friend." Mel's eyes darted towards me. "You don't need her."

I gave my best grin and nodded. Beside Sienna I could see Sophia staring at me with an shocked expression. She shook her head at me slightly, her eyes wide.

"Come." Mel started down the corridor, I watched her walk till her head flipped back towards me. "I'll meet you at our table." She grinned. Sophia and Sienna scurried to catch up to her.

Behind me, my eyes slowly met Sam's. Though I didn't look at her for long. My gaze shifted to a staring and shocked Caleb.

"Caleb." I whispered, "I can expain."

His jaw tightened and in a low angry voice, Caleb walked towards me and muttered. "Where's the Alley Sanders I met outside the hospital? You've changed Alley, you're just like the rest of them."

"I- I can explain..." I tried to whisper, tears threatened to spill from my eyes as they darted between Caleb and Sam. Without another word I ran away from them and down the corridor. What did I just do!?

I walked inside the cafertia and stormed towards Mel. "Why did you just make me do that?" I demanded.

I stood beside the table as Mel, Sienna and Sophia all looked up at me and away from there lunch. Mel looked calm, "Because you wanted to."

I frowned. "No, I didnt."

She grinned, "You're apart of the cheer leading team A, you can't be hanging out with that loser. You have us now."

"I don't-"

"It's what you wanted isn't it?" She insisted with a shrug, "Next years your last year. You wanted to try something different remember?" There was something in her tone that had a slight mocking edge to it. It made me angry. "Everyone wants to be us." She gave another light shrug. "And now you are one of us."

"I-" My throat was dry and I could hardly breathe. "I need to-" I ran through the cafeteria, I probably looked like an manic but I didn't care. What the hell did I just do!?

I stopped outside the music room and stared through the window. Caleb, Oliver, Mason and Sam were all there. Sam was crying while Mason was trying to comfort her. Caleb was talking to Oliver while looking extremely mad.

For some reason my heart thudded inside my chest. I betrayed them. I just let down my two best friends.

The shock made me stumble through the door. There heads all snapped towards me.

Mason was the first to speak. In a cold voice that I had never heard on him before. "What are you doing here? Trying to kill off your friendship with your best friend again? No wait Mel isn't here." It wasn't the best comeback.

I stared at Sam desperately as I didn't meet Caleb or Oliver's eyes, even though I could feel them staring at me. "Sam please." I whispered in a broken voice. "I need to talk to you."

She stared at me before giving a slight nod and a pull away from Mason. She followed me out in the corridor and closed the door behind us.

"Sam that was..." I lost air. "That was.. I was trying to do what you told me to. I have her friendship."

She frowned and stared behind me while barely whispering, "Yeah, but you lost mine."

"You told me to do this!" I yelled desperately. "This is what you wanted."

"No! It's not!" She started to scream and I winced. "Our plan was you to earn her trust and take her down, not join her! And not to humiliate me in front of everyone!"

"YOUR plan!" I screamed back, "It was yours!"

She blinked at me as an blank expression covered her face. "Do you know what you're problem is Alley? You live up to the expectations of other people." She took a deep breath and stared at me with a cold expression. "Your mum made you change and you hated it but you went along with it. Caleb became your friend and you loved it because you've never felt needed. Melaine gives you a new life and you take it, feeling complete. At the start of all this it was MY plan to help you break up Mel and Caleb but you're not pretending anymore Alley. You're loving the attention and you're losing the person you were. You want to know why Caleb liked you and became your friend? Because you were different. And now you just a clone of Melaine. We used to look down on her and laugh. She's disgusting." She gave a weak laugh. "So now you're looking down on me and laughing? Ask yourself this A would Mel still like you if you were the same quiet , smart and nice girl? I was the one who stuck by you through all this. Ask yourself who your real friends are. Because starting from now. It's not me. I'm officially not your best friend." I watched with wide eyes as she tore off our friendship bracelet and chucked it on the floor at my feet.

"Sam..." I whispered, tears stung my eyes as I reached out towards her, she shrugged away and closed the door with a loud and classified BANG.

What have I done?

----------------------

yeaaah... I dont think I'll say much for this one. I'll just let that sink in... Hahaha, comments and votes! Xoxoxoxoxo