Chapter Twenty- Five- The Realisation

CHAPTER TWENTY- FIVE

CALEB

"Alright then, let's start the game!"

The tension in the room broke and my team mates awkwardly stood up. I sat there with my eyes on Alley as Sam pulled her arm and said something. Alley smiled weakly and walked towards the door. What is she doing?

"Conners." I snapped my attention towards Blake. "Are you going to lead our team or should I?"

I ignored him and jogged up to my team. They were already in an assembled circle. Aiden clapped me on the back and gave me a knowing look.

I shrugged and turned towards my team. "Alright guys. This is it, our first game for the year."

"No shit." I heard Blake mumbled, a few of them snickered.

"That's it Blake next time you talk out of line again, my ball will be smashed against your face." I snapped.

Blake rolled his eyes and held up his hands in mock defence.

Ass hole.

I don't know why I hated Blake so much, maybe it was because he went out on a date with Alley? Just thinking about him touching her or even once holding her hand made me want to punch the daylights out of him. Hell, I couldn't even look at Oliver the same anymore. All that ran through my head was 'You're going out with my best friend, you're going out with my best friend, you're going out with my best friend..'

"These guys are going about to be smashed, just look at them." I continued.

St Hall had already started its drills before the game, running up and down the court while dribbling the ball. A few of them tripped over their own feet in the process and stumbled around.

My team laughed.

I grinned and took a look at my team, Oliver and Aiden matched my smiles. Next to Oliver I noticed Mason staring at the girls change room door. I noticed a flow of red hair and Sophia's figure as they both disappeared behind it. What was Sam and Sophia doing? I frowned when the door closed.

"What the hell is Hayden Hayes doing here?" Aidens eyes narrowed and I whipped my head to a guy leaning against the bleachers. He was also watching the door, his face like stone.

The name rang some sort of bell in my head. "Hayden Hayes?" A light bulb flashed. "From Grey Hawks?" Aiden nodded stiffly. "Bastard." I muttered when his eyes flashed towards us, he gave us a smirk and walked towards us.

"Have a good game huh guys? Let's see if you can make it to finals this year." His eyebrows were raised as he stood in front of us.

Aiden took a step forward and gripped his shirt, "Oh yeah we'll see you in finals! We'll be beating you dicks till you crawl on the floor in pain."

I pushed Aiden and he stumbled away. Hayden laughed, "Is that so." His eyes zeroed on me. "You must be the new caption. Let's see if you can lead your team to at least winning one game." His eyes ran around the gym. "These guys might be too much for you." He nodded at St Hall who were still stumbling back and forth.

I took a step forward till we were both right in each others faces, I met his eyes with cold eyes. "My name is Caleb Conners."

Hayden snorted. "I know who you are. You were hugging my girl before."

"Your girl?" My voice was low and threatening, suddenly everything turned to a black melt as I sized up this guy. He better not be talking about Alley.

"Alley." He smirked as his eyes went back to the door. "I didn't know it was possible but she's turned hotter." He sucked in a breath. "She's defiantly a fine piece of ass."