Chapter Two- Caleb Freaking Conners

CHAPTER TWO.

"I can't believe it!" she gushed, "Caleb freaking Conners."

"I know." I laughed. It was only a few hours that my parents had left to get more of my things and promise to be back soon. I just hoped that they would hurry up; I was getting a major headache with all these squeals. Don't get me wrong I loved Sam, but there was only so much I could take of her before going completely mental.

"Wow." She whispered.

I shrugged and sat back against my pillows. At least I'm finally rid of that stupid white thing; I was wearing just black leggings and a jumper. It seemed like the most comfortable thing at the moment.

Though I was right about the part of having to wear gladwrap around my head before taking a shower I felt like such an idiot. And don't even get me started on my hair. I couldn't properly wash it for at least two weeks.

Ugh.

Sam was practically jumping up and down on my bed. "This has to be the best thing that's ever happened to you!"

"You mean almost dying?" I raised my eye brows at her and she rolled her eyes.

"That's just being melodramatic." Her eyes widened impossibly bigger and she flicked her red hair out of her face impatiently. "Do you think that he will come and visit you?"

I shrugged. "Well he has to now." I pointed towards a chair in the corner. "That's his jacket."

If I had a headache before then I was kidding myself, she let out a high pitched squeal and grabbed the jacket. She hugged it closely to herself. "Oh my god, I'm holding his jacket." She sighed to herself and blinked a few times- was she about to cry?

I bit back a laugh. "Sam did you just smell the jacket?"

She laughed awkwardly and with the looks of some effort, she placed it back on the chair. I noticed her hands shake slightly too. Changing the subject she said, "So how much longer are you in here?"

"Two weeks."

Her mouth fell open and she stared at me. "But I'm going camping with my family tomorrow!"

I shrugged. "I guess I'll just be doing some holiday homework then."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Gross." She walked back to the bed and grabbed her bag, "Here I bought you all you need." She put a pile of books and DVD's on my bedside table and looked uncertainly at the door. "I should really-"

Sam stopped talking and I followed her frozen eyes which rested on someone in the doorway.

"Hi." Caleb walked into the room, smiling. He had a bunch of flowers in his hand and I frowned staring at him. There was an awkward silence as we both stared silently at him and he stood uncertainly in the doorway. Sam's mouth was slightly open and she looked like she was about to pass out. "I bought you these."

My eyes flickered to Sam's. She met my gaze and I silently tried to communicate a message between us, she jumped of the bed and quickly gave me hug. "Anyway... I have to go."

My face turned horrified though she didn't notice as she was looking back at Caleb then me. "Get better! And ill text you tonight!" without another word she practically ran from the room and accidentally bumped her shoulder into his. She sent me another look before running- her eyes wide and shocked as she looked back down at her shoulder. If I knew her then that top probably wouldn't be washed for a while.

I couldn't believe it, I felt my mouth slightly open and as I watched the place that she disappeared. For goodness sake! I wasn't telling her to leave. I was trying to tell her to not leave me alone with him.