Chapter Twenty- Nine- Bring On The Charm

CHAPTER TWENTY- NINE

"Oh honey! I'm going to miss you so much!" Mum stared at me fiercely, tears in her eyes. "You have to call me every night."

I squeezed her hand. "Promise."

She smiled. "You'll be fine honey." I think she was trying to convince herself.

I nodded and knelt down to hug her. "I miss you already."

She squeezed my hand again before the nurse smiled at me and started to push the wheel chair down the corridor.

I watched as the doors opened and she got into the taxi with the nurses help.

"You'll be OK?" Dad smiled at me weakly. He stood beside me, suitcases in his hands. He looked exhausted.

"I think so." I bit my lip as he gave me an awkward one arm hug. To many suitcases.

He nodded. "I think Isabelle wants to talk to you. I'll be outside."

I sighed. Come on Alley, you have to be strong. You can do this. I continued the chant in my head as I met Bells eye and walked over to the chair she was seated in. I had to be strong for her.

"What's wrong Bell?" Really, did I just have to ask that? Of course something was wrong. Everything was wrong right now.

Isabelle tightened her hands in her lap. "I don't want to go Alley." There were tears in her eyes.

I watched them spill in her lap. I pursed my lips as I knelt down in front of her. "You have to Bell."

"He promised me that his dad could help." I noticed that she nodded towards Caleb. They were all leaning against a wall across the room.

I didn't dare to look over there.

My cheeks heated at the memory of last night.

I stared at her helplessly and grabbed her small hand in mine. "Sometimes things don't work out that way Bell. But the doctor in Los Angeles says that he can help."

She stared up at me angrily and harshly ripped her hand away. "What if he can't?"

"I- I don't know." I whispered shakily.

"It's not good enough." Her small cheeks heated. "I want her to be healthy! She has to be!"

I winced at her outburst and watched as she stormed out of the room. Never in my life have I seen my little sister act like that.

I guess these type of situations make everyone act different.

What did she want? For me to promise that mum would be OK? I couldn't do that. Because... I don't know.

I whipped the tears from my face and walked towards the taxi.

"Are you sure that you're going to be okay kiddo?" Dad gave me another hug as he watched Isabelle climb into the back seat.

I nodded and hugged him back tightly. I kept my face a blank mask as I walked towards the window.

Would this be the last time I see her?

A crack appeared in my disguise. Mum shook her head at me as tears of her own spilt. "Ill see you again sweetheart."

I nodded. I couldn't stop. Those damn tears continued to spill. "I don't want you to leave."

Great, now I sounded like Isabelle.

"You know that I have to." The car started to rumble. "I love you baby girl."