Chapter Fifteen- Revenge Is Sweet

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Sam... I don't know about this." I whispered as the car turned silent and we all stared up at the huge white house.

"I agree, let's go home." Mason nodded from the back seat, his head between the two front seats.

"Mason you're on the basketball team and Alley you're on the cheerleading team. It's both of your duties to go these types of things."

I shuddered. "What do you think it's going to be like in there?"

Sam gave me a long look before opening the door. "Like your worst nightmare."

"Wait." Mason's arm shot out and touched her shoulder, she froze and I didn't think it was because he told her to wait but more the fact that he touched her.

He immediately shifted his hand away looking he had just been bitten. A flash of hurt crossed Sam's face for a second before she composed herself. "What's the plan again?"

"Mason." Sam hissed in frustration. "We've been over this like ten times."

"I just don't want to forget." He whined.

I couldn't help it, I laughed. "Mason you only have to keep Mel and her followers busy, it's not that hard to forget."

"But how-"

"You're a guy, figure it out." I rolled my eyes when a painful expression crossed his features. "Just talk to them. My guess is that they will just flirt with you." My eyes flickered to Sam who was conveniently looking away.

Mason's face brightened. "We can't do it; we have no way of communicating with each other."

Wow, and he said that Sam had no brain cells. "You have your phone Mason." I said, rolling my eyes at him again.

"Oh!" Sam squealed. "That reminds me! I have walkie talkies!" She pulled out two from her glove box and held them out to us.

"Really Sam?" I said, grabbing one from her hand. "Is this really needed?"

"Of course it is." She rolled her eyes at me like I was the idiot. "This is much cooler than using our phones."

We all hopped out of the car and started walking up the green hill towards the white mansion. "I feel like I'm about to go and meet a prince." Sam gushed.

I pulled down my black dress and shook my head in her direction. "Really? I feel like I'm about to go and meet the wicked witch."

"I feel out of place." Mason added, walking closer to us.

"Agreed." Sam and I said in unison.

Music blasted from the house making the whole house shake, there were a bunch of people outside of the house talking and inside you could see white floors and more people. It looked like most were just drinking and dancing. I bit my lip and looked at my two best friends, both of who looked extremely uncomfortable. "Who's birthday is it again?"

"No ones." Sam said, her eyes roaming the house. "It's just a house party."

"I think the last party I went to was my 6th birthday." I pursed my lips. "It was a princess party."

"Oh yeah." Mason's voice dropped and we all stopped at the front of the white steps leading to the door. "I remember that."

Sam laughed weakly. "Don't worry A, this party can't possibly beat that."

"I think I was the best looking princess there." Mason said. We all laughed shakily and continued to stare at the big white doors.

The doors opened and right on cue Mel stood there with Sienna and Sophia behind her.