Chapter Twenty- My New Boyfriend?

CHAPTER TWENTY

The bell rang, signalling lunch and my doom.

I guess when I had been presumably going out with Blake, nobody had taken it seriously. I didn't exactly blame them. It was Blake after all.

When I walked down the hallway I was greeted with smiles and waves and even a constant "Hey Alley!". Only a few months ago, none of them had actually known my name. I was just the girl with the dorky glasses or the girl who hit her head.

"Just look at all these girls glaring at you." Sam whispered, she grabbed onto my arm like she was the one that was being aimed at.

"I think they might kill me." I muttered. "Sam, I don't know about all that anyway..."

"You mean the whole you and Oliver thing?"

"No, I mean the whole me pretending to be with Oliver thing."

She rolled her eyes. "He's not that bad, he's actually pretty cute."

"I know I am." Mason practically came out of no where and started walking with us.

"No you're not." I shot back while Sam blushed a deep red.

"I guess you have to have curly brown hair and a cute face for you to like Sanders."

"No need to start curling you're hair Mase, it's not going to work."

We both grinned at each other. "I thought you had a thing for Conner's anyway?"

I rolled my eyes. "That was so last week." I looked beside me when I noticed that Sam hadn't answered him yet.

We stopped outside the lunchroom doors; Sam was standing there with a glazed expression on her face.

"Is she OK?" Mason frowned, poking her on the arm.

"I sometimes wonder that myself." I snorted and poked her on the other arm.

Sam's eyes grew wide and shakily she pointed to a retreating figure. My heart sank when I saw the guy cross the field towards the parking lot. Was that? It couldn't be....

"There were about three things I was absolutely positive. First, the guy crossing to the parking lot was extremely cute. Second, there was a part of him- and I didn't know how dominant that part might be- that could possibly want to go out with me. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with his muscles."

There was a short silence. "Did she just quote Twilight on some random guy?"

I pushed my worries aside and smiled. "I think I'm about to throw up."

That caught Sam's attention. "Twilight is amazing."

"Harry Potter is amazing."

"Ew, he's not even good looking." She scrunched up her nose and walked up the line, we both followed.

"He doesn't need to be good looking. He defeats Voldermort and has super cool glasses, what's more to say?"

"Edward reads minds and saves Bella's life." She shot back.

"Oh here we go again." Mason muttered. "Do you guys seriously always have to argue about this?"

"But does Edward kill a dark wizard whose super evil? No."

"Can Harry Potter run extremely fast and read minds? No."

"Girls, girls." Mason held up his hands in innocence. "Let's be realistic... none of those characters would actually exists."