Chapter Fourty Six, Part 2 - Far Far Away

CHAPTER FOURTY SIX- PART 2

CALEB

"OK man, you're freaking me out." Oliver followed me through the crowd as I closed my phone and gripped it in my hand. I stared blankly in front of me as the same feeling kept running through me - dread. With the same thought, running through my head- idiot.

Why did I have to do that?!

The image of Alley ran through my head, from her beautiful wide eyes, curves and long blonde hair. Was it so bad that just for a moment I lost it and wanted to kiss the crap out of her? She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen, how can she not notice how damn beautiful she is?

I walked past Mel, Hayden and Blake near the stairs. Half of me noticed how they were in a tight circle whispering and how Blake didn't tell me to get the hell out. I heard Mel whisper in a harsh whisper, "Just don't say anything, just kiss her. They're both so clueless about it each other. It's going to work perfectly."

"Who was on the phone?" Oliver continued when I didn't answer.

I turned towards him when we were in the large kitchen. "It was Alley." I said wearily.

"OK..." He looked confused, "Would this have to do with anything about how she looked really freaked out before she left yours?"

"Yes." I sighed, "I'm an idiot. I almost kissed her."

He frowned as his eyes widened. "Do you like her?!"

"No Oliver, I love her." I swallowed, "Don't you still like her? I mean you guys broke up."

"What are you talking about?" He said a second later.

I stared at him disbelievingly, "You went out with her."

"Oh.. yeah." He barked out a laugh. "You have to tell her how you feel! Man, you don't know how good this is!" Oliver had a weird smirk on his face. "I can't tell you this... she has to tell you herself." He muttered to himself.

"I'm completely lost." I frowned, "How could you forget that you were going out with the most incredible girl?"

He smiled, "You really love her don't you?"

"Don't be ridiculous." We both turned around to face Hayden, "He doesn't love her. He doesn't even know her."

Suddenly a large smile covered my lips, "Is that so?"

He shook his head at me with a big dissatisfied smile on his face, "I understand who she is Conners. You don't know the first thing about her."

"I guess you two are a match made in heaven then right?" I spat.

"I can't believe that Alley is so insecure about herself that she needs to involve herself with you, it's pathetic." Hayden shook his head, I noticed his eyes turning a darker shade as my own feelings darkened.

I'm going to hit this asshole.

"Say another bad thing about her again, I dare you to." I took a step forward as my hands tightened in fists.

"We belong to together, not the two of you. You're not right for her." He shook his head again as he started to walk away.

"I guess that's why she broke up with you. No wait, she did that because she hates your guts." I laughed, he turned back around and stormed towards me.

Our chest touched because he was so close. "You want to say that again?"

"Don't mistake hate for love." I smirked and stared straight in his eyes, "She won't ever want you back."

"And you think that she'll want you?" He spat. "You're an arrogant jerk who thinks that he can get with anyone."

"I guess were kind of similar then Hayes." I laughed, "Except for the fact that I was able to get with girls."

"You think that you're so funny."

"I do actually." I grinned, "Thanks for noticing."

"Damn, I hate you. If Alley did like you so much I'd hit you."

I shrugged, "Well, I have no problem hitting you." And with a swing Oliver's hand suddenly stopped my own.

"Don't be an idiot!" He hissed.

"Better listen to your girlfriend." Hayden laughed and started to walk backwards. "You don't want to get yourself hurt."

I grounded my teeth together and watched him leave. "Why did you just do that?" I snapped at Oliver. "I could have taken him."

"Yeah, that's the problem." He shook his head, "I didn't want you getting yourself in trouble."

My fist still shook with anger and hatred, it still boiled inside of me. My eyes landed on a figure across the room, staring at us. Oh dammit. Great, more fun.

"Are you an idiot?" Aiden snapped as he strode towards us.

"Do you hear something Oliver?" I raised an eyebrow. "Sounds a lot like the wind is whispering betrayal... betrayal... betrayal..."

"Asshole." Aiden shook his head. "What were you fighting with him about?"

"It's a who." Oliver added quietly.

"Question is who else." I raised an eyebrow. "Seems to me that assholes keep thinking that they can get with my best friend."

"Whatever man." Aiden laughed, "It's not like you ever took the chance."

"Really?" I smirked. "After tonight, you're about to be pleasantly surprised."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to tell her."

He rolled his eyes, "I doubt that."

"Wait." Oliver frowned, "Aiden knew?"

"Yeah." I shrugged casually, "Why else do you think that he went on a date with her?"

"Maybe because I actually generally like her."

"Look at you two." Oliver snapped. "We all used to be best friends but because of a girl, were separated."

"Whoa." Aiden raised his hands. "You make it sound like we were in a relationship."

"You would only be so lucky." I replied, I stared at them blankly when I realised the joke I just said. Aiden laughed without thinking about it.

We stared at each other for a second. "You need to get out of here." He suddenly blurted out.

"Why?" I frowned.

"It's..." He took a breath. "It's nothing... See you around." Aiden started to walk away but my hand reached out towards him.

"Hey Aiden." He turned around. "Is it really because of Alley that were not friends anymore?"

He stared at me blankly. "To be honest I don't even know anymore." Aiden walked away shouting something at the DJ, though before he did I noticed a small smirk on his lips and one on my own.

It was only in that moment that I realised how much I actually missed Aiden.

"I should go." I sighed, "I need to find Alley."

Oliver suddenly gave me his creepiest and happiest smile. "Good luck."

I frowned. "I don't need it. I've had plenty of practice for this."

Though when I walked away, I knew that I was a hell of a not ready for this. I have never in my life asked a girl out.

Sure, we'll go out on a date. Maybe that's what I'll ask Alley. Damn, just her name makes my heart thump loudly. A date with Alley... that would be a good night.

I would be a lucky guy.

My nerves were ridiculous. My heart accelerated with every step.

She should be here by now.

What if she doesn't want me?! I'm usually so certain that a girl will want me. Just by the staring and the looking I can tell when a girl wants me but Alley... she's so unpredictable. I don't know what she's thinking when she looks at me.

Does she think I'm hot like other girls do? Does she ever think of me in that way?

Oh dear god, what if she doesn't?

What if she thinks of me as just a massive jerk like Hayden? Or because of my past, she's so repulsed by the very thought of me in that way?

As I walked again though, I passed under the stairs. I paused,  a large group of people stood giggling and crowding the door.

I notice Mel and giving her a funny look, I asked. "Hey, have you seen Alley?"

Mel smiled sweetly at me, behind her I noticed Sienna in a fit of giggles. Plus the crowd of people watching us intently. "You have feelings for her don't you?"

I frowned, I stared at her for a second.

That smile.

Nothing good ever happens with that smile.

My eyes trailed to the door, "What have you done?"

"You two don't belong together. She's a loser Caleb, you don't need her." Mel grinned. "Trust me."

My anger boiled inside my chest. I couldn't deal with cryptic remarks tonight. First Hayden then Aiden and now this? "What have you done Mel?!"

She shrugged, still smiling as she opened the door.

The door opened to a closet under the stairs. Boxes were against the walls, lined up in the small space. Though that wasn't the only thing in the space that I noticed.

There... there stood Alley... kissing Blake.

You know the expression 'my heart ripped into pieces?', I suddenly understood the meaning of it.

I could only stare as they sprung apart. Laughing filled my ears around me.

My whole body was frozen with shock. I watched in a type of slow motion as Alley screamed. "Your- Your-!" Tears were in her eyes as they landed on me. Her face turned white with horror.

Blake chuckled a dark sound, breaking the silence between us.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Mel grin. "ALLEY! I TOLD YOU ABOUT CALEB! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE AT LEAST HAVE HAD THE DECENCY TO TELL HIM!"

My body unfroze itself, my eyes torn away from Alley.

I stormed past them. Feelings anger and humiliation boil over, she knew... she knew and she just threw it in my face

I felt tears blind my vision by the time I was outside. Don't cry... not here. Don't cry.

How could she? Blake? Really? Mel's right. If she didn't have feelings for me then she could have told me.

Her face kept running in my head. That white horror.

She knew I loved her and she didn't tell me.

My keys fell to the floor in my sweaty hands. A tear fell from my eye, I harshly whipped it away and closed my eyes briefly.

A low ringing sounded in my ears.

"Caleb! Caleb!" I stood up and turned around. Alley was running towards me and she was crying.
Oh god, why can't she leave me alone? IS SHE TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHY SHE CHOSE BLAKE?

BLAKE?! IS SHE SERIOUS!? DOES SHE LIKE TO CHOOSE COMPLETE ASSHOLES?!

"Why are you running away?" She cried. "Are you really that disgusted?"

I gave a harsh laugh. "I AM NOW! I THOUGHT THAT WE WERE FRIENDS!." I backed away, towards my car. My hands started to shake. "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME ALLEY SANDERS!" I turned around and stormed towards my car. I noticed a large crowd lined up near Blake's house. In it, I noticed Mel grinning wickedly.

I shook my head as more of those tears continued to flow. In my car and on the road, I didn't bother to stop them. Even when I drove past my own house and the 'Welcome to Beverly Hills' sign, I didn't stop.

I need to get away.

Far, far away.

____________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed that chapter haha, the dramatic ones are always fun to write.
Be prepared for way more of them haha. thanks for reading guys! you're all amazing for reading this! seriously! You may have noticed but in each comment for a past chapter ill dedicate the next one to some one  I havent before, so comment and you might just get a dedication.
Thoughts on the chapter?
xoxooxoxxooxox