Chapter Thirty- Four- Well, I Didn't Expect That

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Watching Sam try to dance had to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. I spent most of the lesson rolling on the floor and laughing.

I'm the best best-friend she's ever had, I know. "Alley! Stop laughing at me!" Sam shrieked.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" Aiden offered me his hand which I gladly took and stood up. He was grinning at me, his smile matching mine.

The funny thing about watching Sam try to dance was her lack of coordination. You can think that you've seen a few people who are bad at dancing. People who are a couple beats behind but Sam... She took it to a whole new level of bad. Watching her try and copy Cindy's actions... Well... It was just hilarious.

"Alley! We have ten minutes left! Show them all what you can do!" Cindy shouted.

My grin widened. If there was a place that I could feel a hundred percent sure of myself. It was here. "Bring it!" I responded before skipping to the front.

The others laughed behind me. "I like this fun Alley." I heard Oliver chuckle.

Turn Up The Love by Far East Movement blasted from the speakers.

My shoulders instantly lifted to the beat, I met Cindy's gaze where she gave me a short nod. We stayed in sync, I hardly noticed everyone stopping to watch us.

I've mastered this dance before. It was one of my favourites and it fit perfectly well with the song. I paused my head shaking slightly to the side, I closed my eyes and flicked my head to the side before we leaped to the side of the room. A smile grew on my face, I felt like I was free. Like nothing could ever feel wrong again. All my worries instantly fell and were replaced with a warmth feeling.

The song changed to the chorus as we gave a graceful turn, my eyes snapped open. My heart was hammering inside my chest, but it wasn't nerves. It was something else.

It was joy.

We threw our hands in the air on the last beat, breathing hard we both bursted into a breathless laugh.

"That was brilliant!" Mason shouted, he quickly enveloped me in a hug. Looking around the room I noticed that everyone was sweating.

My eyes met Caleb's, they were bright with compassion. My heart squeezed inside my chest. He smiled, an genuine smile that I loved.

"That was amazing Alley." Aiden grinned at me and also gave me a hug. I jumped in surprise. What the heck?

Cindy patted me on the back while smiling. "You've still got it."

"I didn't think I would remember the routine so quickly." I panted.

"If you ever want to throw away those pom poms and come back to the real game just give me a call." I gave her a curious look which was enough for her to respond. "Gossip travels." She shrugged.

Everyone started to leave the room, giving Cindy quick thank yous as they did. Caleb left the room silently. I watched Cindy's smile break as she watched him leave.

Before I could say anything else she bleakly asked, "Are you sure about him?"

I swallowed back the dryness in my throat. I was still panting. Geez, I was more unfit than I thought. "He's changed Cindy. Trust me."

Another of conversations ran thought my mind from the weekend, one with Caleb's words- "I realised after I met you that I wanted your expectations of love. I wanted to find someone who I can stay with forever. I don't want one of those perfect nights, I want them with just one person everyday."