Chapter Twenty-Four- The Flaws Of Operation 101

CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR

Shock ran through my body as I stared into his brown eyes. Slowly, he smirked.

The music blasted from the speakers, Bangarang by Skrillex filling the speakers. I could practically hear everyone gasp and lean forward.

I tore my eyes away from Hayden a mixture of feelings running in my mind, mostly it was hatred. How dare he?

They rested on Mel, she smiled sweetly. How dare she?

I pursed my lips together and she raised her eye brows. She turned around the same time the lyrics started, her body moved perfectly to the songs crazy beat. She smirked at me, lifting her leg up and almost hitting herself in the head.

Mel lifted her head towards me and nodded, just from the look in her eyes I could tell what she meant 'try and beat that.'

The crowd cheered loudly at her slutty dancing. My heart beat louder in my ears, my face turning red with heat and anger. The music slowed down, the beat spreading up the chorus. I couldn't help it, I went crazy. I put in every dance routine I've ever done and bet the hell out of her.

I could feel the crowd holding there breath and I stopped. My breath ragged. The tension in the air broke and suddenly people were throwing themselves at me. I stumbled backwards- catching the sight of red hair, Sam hugged me fiercely. "You did it!" Her voice was out of breath in my ear. I could have just imagined her running down the stairs like a crazy women.

"You're lack of belief in yourself is shocking, that was brilliant." My eyes met Caleb's, he raised his eye brows slightly. "I feel like such a proud best friend." With that he hugged me. I melted into him, closing my eyes as I wrapped my arms around him.

People were cheering, yelling my name with excitement, I could hardly hear Mr K's voice. "Well it looks like we have a clear winner!"

Though I wasn't the only one who could defiantly hear the sound of Mel. "No!" She screamed. I broke away from Caleb shocked when Mel grabbed the mic from Mr K. "I won! She did not win! That loser did not win against me!" She screamed.

"Ah.. Melanie..." Mr K whispered as the gym turned quiet.

"She's no one! She doesn't get him!" She pointed towards Caleb. "He's mine! I won!"

"Melanie!" Mr K, finally yelled. "Outside now!"

Defeated, Melanie's face crumbled and she stormed out of the gym with tears running down her cheeks.

Mr K coughed awkwardly. "Alright then let's start the game!"

The crowd around me broke away and sat back down, Caleb smiled at me before sitting down. I noticed the cheerleaders had all stayed where they were, standing still and shocked. Even Sienna or Sophia hadn't made a move towards the door.

I pulled away from Sam and started towards the door. Sam grabbed my arm, "Really Alley don't."

"I just want to talk to her."

She sighed, "Your honestly too nice to people."

I shrugged and bit my lip, I walked towards the exit. Behind me I heard the sound of the whistle just before I closed the heavy door.

Mels head snapped up, she hastily whipped the tears from her face. "What do you want?" She sat on the ground, leaning against the wall with her knees up to her chest. "Have you come to gloat?"

"Do I really look like I came here to gloat?" A slight edge of annoyance in my tone.

"Then why did you come here?" She snapped, standing up and facing me.