Gem and Sparkle

"GEEEEEM"

I could hear my cousin screaming my name as she climbed the stairs to my room. My father believed in living in the Pack House. Although some Alphas lived separately, he had compromised and built my mother a beautiful three-story home and then connected the Four-story packhouse. Our house sat in the middle of a large clearing at the top of the White Mountains. The two houses were joined by a covered walkway on the first floor and then a glass bridge on the third floor. It was a beautiful environment to grow up in. We were allowed to shift and run at our leisure, and everyone on the mountain was a werewolf.

"Yes, Sparkle," I answered as my cousin's strawberry scent hit me.

"Girl, they are not going to be ready for you, Miss Thang."

Tonight my parents were giving me a welcome home party. Diamond and I had been away at college and Alpha training for the last five years. We were able to visit regularly for the first three years, which had changed as we moved up in our training. Then we could only come home for important pack celebrations or obligations.

Sparkle was an only child, our mothers would swap us out like cups of sugar so we could have company. Sparkle and my Aunt Gracie and Uncle Rome lived across the valley. Uncle Rome was the Alpha of the Silver Wood Pack.

Tonight was my welcome home party to let my pack know I had returned. The night before, we had been at the Silver Wood pack for Diamond's welcome home party, it would be a cakewalk, but I felt anxious tonight.

Sparkle was gorgeous as ever in her floor-length iridescent dress. Her dress was made of mesh material with crystals creating patterns to cover her intimate lady parts. Her hair was now past her shoulders and still bone straight. She wore it going back with a middle pompadour. I opted for a similar look. I wore a backless emerald green mermaid dress covered with thin strands of emeralds that outlined the curves of my body. I now wore my hair straight with a deep side part and hair behind my ear. Taking a few selfies, I had to admit we were, in fact, a couple of beauties. I, for one, hoped I could find a beast tonight. The water between my thighs reminded me it had been a minute since other things had been between my thighs.

Arm in Arm, we made our way to the ballroom on the first floor of the packhouse. My mother outdid herself as Luna. From the decoration to the menu, everything was superb.

Diamond and I were greeted by Steele, my baby brother .

"Look at the precious jewels" he said, handing us each a glass of champagne.

"Thanks, Bro," I said, kissing him on both cheeks.

"Excuse me, I need to go mingle, tata," and Diamond was off, blowing us imaginary kisses.

Steele turned to me and started to say something but didn't. We stood around, taking in the scene.

"Dad invited all the packs from the White Mountains," he said, sipping his drink.

"I can tell there are people everywhere."

"I think he is hoping that we find our mates," Steele responded.

"What," I asked.

"Gem, you are 23 this year. Are you not worried that you haven't found your mate? I'm getting worried, and I am 20."

I thought about it, letting out a breath I had held since I got back home; I wasn't worried. In fact, five years away from home, I had already planned on the worst-case scenario. If I found my mate, and he rejected me, I had found a place that specialized in helping rejected mates. They assured me they would help me survive a rejection. I also had taken classes in emotional control. I planned to have many lovers and maybe at 30 choose a mate and get married. Either way, it wasn't going to be a problem for me. I was prepared.

I thought I would pick one of the pack warriors or maybe a Beta. It didn't matter to me as we didn't do things based on rank on the mountain. I was free to choose whomever I wanted. I was thinking of a beta or a warrior because I knew most of them, and they were all my type. They were muscular, built, strong, sexy, and looked great with their clothes off. It would take a strong, dominant wolf to make my wolf Jade submit.

"Or our Mate," Jade said sarcastically.

"Gem, Gem" I hear my name and someone snapping their fingers

"Sorry, Steele, my mind was wandering off."

"I can only imagine what you were thinking with the way you were smiling and licking your lips." He smirked.

Just then, I heard my father.