Awareness

The water cascades over my tense body as I stand under the rainfall shower, I massage my neck and then move my hands lower and massage my breast. I feel the tension slowly leave my body as my hands continue their journey to my most sacred place, Inhaling slowly I massage my center. It feels as though the tension has gathered beneath my fingertips, I don't rush and continue to soothe myself as the tension reaches its peak. I apply pressure and with a stifled moan and slight jerk I release all my worries, tension and negativity while I experience a powerful orgasm.

Coming down off the high of my release I feel a sense of euphoria and clarity. I still can't believe that Medina is invoking Trueros. He is clever but I am determined I can do this year with him with my eyes closed and a year from now firmly state my rejections. I refuse to give any of these wolves in my pack the satisfaction of being my mate after all the years of disrespect, teasing and hate they threw my way.

After dressing myself I gazed at my reflection in the mirror, I decided to wear a fitted emerald pants suit with a pair of nude heels. I brushed my hair back and wore a pair of emerald studs. I wanted to look good but in an effortless way. I walked downstairs to meet my family and the Medina's in our conference room.

I noticed Medina and his parents and my parents are sitting at the conference table. I take the seat in between my parents and I am facing Medina. I keep my face neutral as I greet everyone.

Once I settled in my seat the meeting began. I hear Elder Jonas speak, he is the Elder from the High Council that was selected to monitor the negotiation of Medina's petition.

"Good morning we are here to discuss the Trueros petition filed by Alpha Daniel Ali Medina in response to the pending rejection of his true mate Alpha Emerald Grace Kinsella both of the Emerald Moon Pack. We will begin by hearing the reason why Emerald wishes to reject her true mate."

I confidently look around the table and see the faces of my parents, my father's face is blank while my mother looks irritated. I can only imagine she is not pleased with this as it goes against tradition . My mother has loved my father since before it was confirmed she was his mate, she can't understand how I could reject my mate knowing the pain it will cause not only to myself but to my mate.

Medina's parents' expression is neutral, while Medina himself is smiling at me waiting to hear what I have to say. All eyes are now on me and it dawns on me that I will have to share my reasoning. It all made sense to me before but now before everyone I wonder how it will sound. I don't want to share my true feelings so I am left with no reasonable answer to provide. I have no choice but to share my truth.

"My chosen mate chose not to wait for his true mate, and has been in a long term relationship. I chose to wait for my mate and therefore think it is only fair that I get to choose whom I give myself to."

The room is quiet and I look around waiting for someone to speak.

Alpha Jonas clears his throat " Emerald, while it is best that young wolves wait for their mates, there is no rule that says they must.

I look at Daniel and he looks uncomfortable and I see his mother is now looking at him with irritation.

I lean back in my seat sure that I have provided a great reason and Daniel's petition will be denied. It sounds reasonable to me but not to everyone as I hear Alpha Medina speak

"Emerald, do you feel the bond between you and Daniel?'

"Yes I do" I respond

"Then do you not feel that the bond is stronger than anything that has happened before, that is what the mate bond does, once you and Daniel mate your bond will erase any feelings you may have had for another as once acknowledged by both wolves it grows and strengthens."

I listened to what Alpha Medina had to say and it became clear that I was going to have to share the information I didn't want to.

"I have a question, Is it okay to have a relationship when you are aware of who your mate is?" I say this looking around and now I can tell I have everyone's attention as they all look at me then at Daniel. I look at Daniel and see his expression change as if he suddenly remembered something.

Looking at me he speaks "Emerald I -"

I didn't let him finish, "Elder, can you answer my question?"

The Elder is silent for a moment and then he says " If a mate is aware of their mate and chooses another then well, that would be a valid reason.

"Well I ask that the petition is not granted because Daniel Ali Medina was aware that we were mates." I say this and look at Daniel for the first time I see the smile slip from his face. He remembers what I remember and knows that I have a valid reason for this petition to not be granted.

Elder Jonas and our parents look stunned, Luna Medina looks at Daniel "Daniel Ali Medina how could you betray your mate?"

"Son" his father turned expecting him to answer. My parents are silent, not sure what is going on while I lean back in my seat satisfied that his plan may not work.