Necessary Conversation

I looked around the large dining room; most of the Medina pack was here for dinner. Luna Lorena whispered that the turnout was so big because they were curious to see DJ's mate. Emerald smiled when Luna Lorena used Medina's nickname from childhood. She made a note to call him later. She remembered that he only allowed his mother to call him that once he left grade school.

The faces looking at her held friendly gazes and warm smiles that came from the eyes, genuine happiness. The thought warmed Emerald's heart until her gaze landed on the one person who led her torment in high school. Gisella.

I can't even begin to think of how many times I envisioned the day I would face her again. Gone is the chubby, confused, insecure girl with the plain jane ponytail. How many times had I allowed Gisella to make snide remarks to me, embarrassing or humiliating me in front of others? But look at how things change. One of the last times I saw her, she smugly held onto Medina after graduation. I leaned over and whispered into Medina's ear about how cute I thought he was, and he smiled and kissed my cheek. I turned to see if Gisella had a smug look on her face ...nope. She looked a bit angry.

The conversation was pleasant as all the pack members engaged in conversation. She noticed that Gisella and her cousins kept glancing at her and Medina's way. As the dinner continued, the Alpha and Luna glanced around the dining room and noticed the varied reactions to their son and his mate. Some looked happy, and others seemed pleasantly surprised that the soon-to-be leader of the pack and found his true mate. The Luna and Alpha noticed the one corner of the room that didn't share in the joyous occasion. The table where Gisella and her cousin sat glaring at the future Luna and Alpha.

"My Love," Alpha Media said as he placed a friendly smile on his face keeping his gaze on Gisella. "I think we may have a problem." As the words left his mouth, Luna Lorena made eye contact with Gisella, who had managed to change her scowl into a forced smile.

"We may, my Dearest, but don't worry, I will handle everything," Luna Lorena assured her husband. They both knew of Gisella plans to become the next Luna. Unlike most Luna, Lorena had always known she wouldn't be the next Luna. She had learned from the first day she dropped her son at kindergarten that Emerald was his true mate and love. Although he went through his high school years in denial. She had always been aware.

She was also aware that Gisella's true mate had found her a year ago, and Gisella had been putting him off in hopes that DJ would choose her. Now she could see it would be time to talk with Gisella and her family. The conversation wouldn't be pleasant, but it was necessary. With that thought in mind, she excused herself from the table and went to the table where Gisella's parents sat. While Gisella seemed unhappy, her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Gordon, seemed reserved, with no outward hostility being displayed. Still, due to Luna Lorena's empathic ability, she could feel they were less than pleased with Emerald's presence.

"Hello Cam and Luce, how are you ?" Luna Lorena asked with a warm smile "Hello, we are good, and you," Luce, Gisella's mother, responded. "Well, thank you. After dinner, can you both join the Alpha and me in his office after dinner?" Of course," Cam, Gisella's father, responded. "Is everything alright?" Luce asked, concern lacing her eyebrows

"Everything is fine," Luna Lorena said as she smiled warmly at the couple again. Although the topic of conversation had not to be stated, they all knew it concerned their children.

As dinner finished, the pack members left the dining room in high spirits, the younger wolves were met in the back field behind the pack house for an impromptu bonfire, and the older wolves retired to their quarters. Waiting in the Alpha's office, the Medinas prepared themselves for the arrival of the Gordons. When the knock came, the Medinas exchanged glances and called their guest inside. Alpha Medina sat behind his impressive desk, and Luna Lorena sat in a comfortable chair to his right. The atmosphere was warm and inviting.

"Alpha, Luna," Mr. and Mrs. Gordon greeted as they took seats before the desk. "Cam, care for a drink?" Alpha Medina asked, standing. He walked casually to the bar and poured drinks for everyone. They may not need it, but it gave him something to do as he pondered how to bring up the unpleasant subject.

We all know why we are meeting and what needs to be discussed. Alpha started looking around. There had been a time when the parents discussed a possible mating between Gisella and Medina. The two were inseparable in high school and seemed desperately in love. The relationship ended at some point, but it was thought it was only temporary. Then, Gisella's true mate was revealed last year, and it wasn't DJ. She had not agreed to the mating because her heart belonged to Medina. Now it was time to make it clear that she should move on. "Our son, the future Alpha, has found his true Mate," Alpha Medina began, and the Gordons shifted slightly in their seats.

"I know that Gisella had hoped that her relationship with Daniel would resume; therefore, she has held off mating with her true mate. We think that it would be best for her to accept that is no longer possible" Alpha Medina paused, sipping his drink .Mrs. Gordon looked at her mate, unsure what to say. Before she could speak, her mate told. "We understand, and it shouldn't be a problem. Gisella is a reasonable girl."Mrs. Gordon looked sad as she thought of how much her daughter loved Daniel and how she had hoped for a happy ending with the young Alpha.

"Good. I want to ensure that Gisella is aware of our future, Luna and that things remain respectful. We know that their relationship has not always been friendly." Alpha Medina looked at the couple and could tell they were not aware of the history between the two girls. "Not friendly?" Luce asked." Yes, during high school, Gisella didn't have an amicable attitude towards our future, Luna," Luna Lorena explained. "I also sense that Gisella isn't particularly pleased with Daniel and Emerald's relationship. Seeing that Emerald will be living in Medina territory very shortly, we want to make sure things remain peaceful." Luna Lorena stated pleasantly but firmly. The room grew quiet as the parents looked at each other, the other not knowing what to say next.

"I assure you there will be no problems with Gisella and the future Luna," Gisella's father offered. "We appreciate it. What are Gisella's plans with her true mate?' Alpha Media asked." Well-" Luce began "I will see that things are made clear. We are not sure what the two plan to do. Gisella's mate visits often, but I will find out her intentions and let you know. Is that okay?" Cam asked Alpha Medina.

"Yes, and there isn't a rush. I just want to ensure that everyone knows what is to come and that Gisella will be okay. "All the members of the Medina territory were his concern, and he didn't want any hurt feelings because of miscommunication. The Alpha knew all too well what could happen when young wolves fall in love with someone other than their mate. It can be a dramatic disaster .The parents finished the drinks with their thoughts crossing their minds, each hoping for the best but knowing the worst was likely to happen.