The Ceremony

The last eight weeks went by fast; Medina was busy with pack business as they prepared him to become the Alpha of his pack. I was busy with preparations for the mating ceremony as well as my cleansing ceremony.

The cleansing ceremony went well; Selene herself held me through the most difficult parts. She showed me her plan for Medina and me, which was in place before either of us was born.

She showed me the day in Kindergarten when we first saw each other, how Medina and I looked at each other and, in our five-year-old minds, claimed each other as Mates.

" See, Child, you both knew even then." I left the ceremony cleansed of all doubt, fear, and insecurity that I was enough and that we were truly fated mates.

I asked why she would let me go through seeing him with another. She showed me what would have happened if not. It wasn't pleasant.

"Child, we must face certain things to build the strength and character to fulfill our destiny.

Selene explained that Medina needed to experience what he thought was love so that he would know the difference when the time came. She showed that Medina and I would face many things together, but our experience would ensure we would survive.

I smiled happily as my mother, aunt, and cousin prepared me for my ceremony. I was soaking in a bath filled with Cinnamon oil. To make me sweet for your mate, my Aunt smiled.

After my bath, Sparkle did my makeup. Looking in the mirror, I wanted to cry.

" You better not ruin my hard work." hugging me, we both held back tears.

Sparkle and my aunt went to get dressed, and my mother came to help me put on my gown.

"Mommy, you look so beautiful."

"Thank you"

"Come now, let's get you in this beautiful gown."

Sparkle designed my gown. It was a fitted off-the-shoulder design of a pale green that looked white, but in the candlelight, you could see the emerald specks that gave it the pale green look. Instead of a train, I wore a cape that flowed down my back and then trailed behind me. My hair was simply pulled back into a pun at the nape of my neck, and I wore a crystal-covered lace veil over my eyes.

Once I was dressed, it was time to head to the sacred hall. When I got to the Hall, I could see that it was filled with members of both packs. The Hall was decorated beautifully, thanks to my mother and Luna Lorena.

The hall was decorated with Mountain Avens, White roses, and Candlelight chandeliers.

Soft music began to play and it was time to join my mate on the stage. Steel and My father escorted me up the stairs. I could see my Mother and Luna Lorena already seated. Elder Jonas and Elder Ibram were standing in the middle of the stage in front of a table that held our family daggers.

Then I saw Medina. My moon, he is beautiful. So tall and regal. His locks were done up and resembled a crown. His suit fit him like a second skin. Showing off his perfect physique, broad shoulders, muscular arms, and legs. To my surprise, his suit was a deep emerald color. I had to slow my breathing down before I caused a scene. My father and brother stood on either side of me as they escorted me to Medina.

As I stood in front of Medina, my brother gave me a Kiss on my cheek and released my hand. He then joined my mother and Luna Lorena.

My father turned to look at me through our bond. He asked

" Are you ready, and Are you sure?"

"Yes, Dad, I'm ready, and I am sure."

With that, he kissed my other cheek, gave my hand to Medina, and joined my mother.

Medina and I looked at each other. He came closer and kissed me gently on the lips. Both of the Elders cleared their throats and there was a light chuckle that spread through the crowd.

Now, there will be time for that..Elder Jonas chuckled. Shall we begin?

Medina and I nodded.

Tonight, we carry out the instructions of the Moon Goddess as we celebrate the mating of Emerald Grace Kinsella and Daniel Ali Medina. This pair has been conceived and blessed by Selene. They are a true fated pair.

Looking at Medina, Elder Jonas asked, " Do you accept this bond and Emerald as your mate and Luna?"

"I Accept," Medina responded.

Elder Ibram looked at me and asked, " Do you accept this bond and Daniel as your mate and Alpha?"k

"I Accept," I responded.

The Elders then looked to the Audience, which consisted of both packs, and asked.

"Do you all accept the bond of Emerald and Daniel and accept them as your Alpha and Luna?"

There was a loud response from the audience

"We Accept"

As all present accept this mating and bond, we shall continue

Elder Ibram picked up the Medina Family dagger, and Elder Jonas picked up the Kinsella Family dagger, and in unison, they recited the holy prayer of union.

Daniel and I held out our palms up, and Elder Ibram made a cut on my right hand and then on Daniel's left hand, followed by Elder Jonas, who made a cut on my left hand and Daniel's right hand.

In unison, they instructed us to join hands as they continued to prayer

At the end of the prayer, they announced that our mating ritual could continue with the blessing of the Moon Goddess and both packs.

Daniel kissed me, and the crowd cheered and applauded.

The next part of the ritual would be done with just Daniel and I.

We stayed and danced and accepted the toast from the many guests. After two hours, Daniel found me and said he was ready, so Diamond and I went to my room so I could change out of my gown.

I changed into my robe so that I could shift once outside. Once outside, I shifted and walked back to the celebration with Jade.

As I approached, the crowd parted, and I saw King waiting proudly for his mate on the other side. Jade approached King, and he lowered his head to her forehead in greeting. Then they turned and began the run to the sacred grounds.