Truth

As I finished recounting my knowledge that I in fact had been made aware that Emerald was my true mate the room was silent.

"Young Alpha Medina, why do you feel we should grant your petition of Tureros, when you were given the information of your destined mate and choose to ignore the information? " Elder Jonas questioned me with a stern expression.

Sweeping my eyes across my parents, Emeralds parents and the elders, my eyes landing on my one true love Emerald.

"I ask that you grant my petition so I may have a chance to prove myself, my loyalty and my love to my true love and destined mate Emerald Grace Kinsella."

I spoke these words out loud as I looked into Emerald's eyes hoping that her heart heard my heart.

"Bullshit"

In the quiet room I heard Emerald's reply and a smile crossed my face, I knew my love would not make this easy for me and I was prepared to win her affection and her trust.

I continued, " Also I am asking because although I did not believe Emerald when she told me all those years ago my wolf did, and yes I continued to have a relationship with Gisella but I kept myself for my true mate."

With that confession the room erupted in audible sounds of disbelief. What young Alpha male in a relationship with a beautiful she wolf

could refrain from indulging in sexual desires.

"IT IS THE TRUTH" the room fell silent as my wolf King took over and responded. The strength of his words pushed the room.

"Daniel speaks the truth he may have not believed Emerald but I ALWAYS believed her! I did not allow Daniel to indulge in that other she wolf, ever!"

Emerald watched as King gave control back to Daniel, clearly affected by the admission made by King..

"Gem I believe him" Jade spoke to Emerald

"I do too" I responded to Jade.

"Your petition is granted Young Medina, the council will honor your petition"

As Elder Jonas looked around the room he could see the relief on Young Medina's face , relief that soon waivered as he spoke the terms of the petition.

"Emerald and Daniel the council grants the Young Alphas petition of Trueros. You both have until the next full moon to inform your pack that you are destined mates. You will end any other romantic relationships you have as of this moment. You are to live together as a mated couple for six months. At the end of the six months on that full moon you will meet with the council. At that time you will inform the council if you still wish to reject your bond."

Medina couldn't hide the happiness and relief he felt in his heart as it danced across his face making him look smug and full of himself. Emerald's face remained blank. Medina knew that once he put the charms on his beloved she would have no choice but to fall in love with him and accept him. He recalled how her body responded to the special attention he gave her the night of her welcome home party as he buried his face in her treasure trove.

The memory caused his eyes to glaze over

"One additional stipulation Daniel and Emerald because you are true destined mates you must refrain from mating , we do not want to bring pups into this situation until you both agree to the bond, is that understood?

You must both agree in order for the petition to be valid." Elder Jonas looked between Daniel and Emerald, Daniel felt as though a bomb had exploded, that will be torture as mates we are naturally attracted to each other, the thought ran through his mind. Emerald briefly looked dismayed but quickly replaced the look with one of indifference, she had gone all these years without, what is another six months.

"Agreed" they both spoke at the same time.

"You both will move into a couples suite in the pack house by 6pm today. Are there any questions?"

"Wait, we need to live together?" Emerald asked for the nonchalant look replaced by one of complete shock.

"Yes" Elder Jonas replied with one eyebrow raised

"The point of Tureros is to save the bond between mates, this is accomplished best if the mates are in close proximity to one another"

"Please be mindful Young Kinsella that you will be monitored so no funny business do you understand?"

"Yes Elder Jonas"

"Splendid. With the Moon Goddess blessing this meeting is adjourned".

"Emerald" Media called my name as I walked towards the door.

"Medina"

" I have been given our suite assignment here is your key I will see you when you arrive"

"Wait, don't you need to go home and pack?"

"Nope, I have my bags in the car" he responded winking.

Walking back to her room Emerald thought, he is smug now but he has no idea what I have planned for him..