Take Off The Mask

Gemma:

I wake up exactly 4:30 in the morning because I need to shower after sweating like a pig last night. I quickly shower and change into our school uniform.

Yuck!

We have to wear that?!

My uniform consists of a white long sleeve dress shirt, an itchy blue sweater vest, a black tie, a blue blazer, a blue pleated skirt that went right above my knees, white knee-high socks that have two blue stripes at the top, and black dress shoes. My shoes are ballerina flats. Each grade has to wear a certain color blue. My grade has Admiral Blue. Aren't we lucky?

Once I am ready or more like the best I could be. I walk down these dark, cold, creepy cobwebbed filled stairs and back down the millions of dark stairs. I walk into the kitchen and nearly have a fright. Lance and Ashton are standing in the dark pantry with just their flashlights on; grabbing ingredients for breakfast.

"What are you two doing!" I whisper yelled.

"For fuck's sake! Don't do that Gem." Lance squeals while holding his chest. Ashton hits his head on a shelf and all I can do is chuckle.

"We heard our parents talking about breakfast. What they wanted but knew you wouldn't fix because you were locked away in your room." Lance says.

"So, we decided to get them out and tell you what they wanted. You know to keep you somewhat safe from their wrath." Ashton says while rubbing his sore head.

"They want Italian Breakfast Frittata with Ricotta Pancakes." Lance finally says.

"Shew!! Go. Before all three of us get caught. And go put on our ridiculously awful uniform." I say while flinging my hands around like I'm swatting at a fly.

By 5:30 the breakfast is set on the table, and I quickly stand in the corner, furthest from them like usual. It's just a different corner than usual since we moved. The surprise on their faces is priceless. I am thankfully dismissed. So, I quickly take off up the too many stairs to count and towards my room. I grab my bag and run back down the stairs to meet Lance and Ashton at the front door entrance. I come face to face with Lance and Ashton having a disgusting look on their faces. They both are in the same white long sleeve dress shirt as I, the same itchy sweater vest but their color is Aegean blue instead of Admiral Blue, blazers in their respective year color, a black tie, and khaki dress pants with black dress shoes. Their looks are just priceless. I know how you feel guys. Truly, have you seen me?!

"Remember the rules! If not, you'll face the consequences!" His voice rang out. I nodded my head and follow the boys out to Lance's car.

Pagani Huayra.

Should have known they would gift their sons with beautiful cars.

"Dude what the fuck is this we are wearing?" Lance asks.

"I don't know. I feel like an itchy crayon." Ashton whines.

"More like a marker blew up in my face." Lance complains.

"More like an itchy blueberry?!" Ashton whines again.

The drive to school isn't so bad since all it consists of is me laughing at their complaining of our uniforms. However, when we pull up to school and I have to get out the car; I do not want to leave the safety of the car. I refuse to even move a muscle. I am too nervous and way too scared. The boys manage to drag my unwilling body out of the car. We walk into the office to get our schedule and we are greeted by a lovely older lady.

Like a grandma.

Definitely like a grandma.

She gives a positive vibe off her that calms me down some. She hands us our schedules with a cheery smile and wishes us good luck. Before I could even read my own name on my schedule; Lance already stolen my schedule and is glancing over it.