Be Brave Enough

Gemma:

Renzo had Mafia business to attend to in Sanremo, Italy. Close to the boarder and on the water. It would have just been the oldest five coming here. But dad insisted all of us come instead. All of us got on to our private jet and landed seven weeks ago. Dad bought a house out here a while ago.

Surprisingly.

None of us children even knew about it. He said it was a surprise. A home away from home. How many homes away from homes does dad have? Can we have one in Maldives? Hell, can dad just buy his own island like Johnny Depp did?

Our own island!

I like the sound of that better.

Lately, I've been trying to bond with my brothers again. I've tried to convince Maximus, Alonzo, and Gianni to teach me how to race. Dad doesn't know about me wanting to learn that though or I don't think he does. I haven't told him because I don't want to stress him out or worry him so much. He already has a lot on his plate and I don't want to add another plate to his stack. However, it hasn't worked out on convincing them so, dad doesn't have anything to worry about. Julian, Lucian, and Nikolai didn't want me around but with me constantly hanging round the ring and gym. They just started to ignore my presence more in there. They still won't teach me anything. They all told me to shut the fuck up if I'm going to be in their sights.

So, I've done exactly that.

Yet, now I've managed to be flat on my back with Julian over me ready to drill his fist into my face. While Nikolai is yelling orders to me and Renzo is doing the same expect he's yelling orders to Julian. Lucian is just at the side watching us; well, more like staring holes into the side of my head. Lucian is most likely irritated that I am in his space.

You're probably thinking....

How did she get into this situation?

Well let's rewinds back to a few weeks ago. Shall we?

I watch them behind the small wall as they box. They fight. They work out. I stay out of sight and out of those threes' way. The fourth one, which happens to be Renzo, was always in his office; so I never expected him to ever come down here. But I do see him a lot lately. Tonight I hiding behind the wall and waiting for them to leave.

Why?

Because I want to do what I've seen them do for weeks now. I just want to feel important.

Close.

Bonded with my brothers again.

Instead of being casted into the shadows yet again.

If that makes any sense at all.

When they left, I waited for a good fifteen minutes. Maiming sure they weren't planning on coming back. When I realize they weren't coming back. I come fully inside the gym and not hidden in the dark shadows in the small corners of this gym; watching like a creepy stalker. I make my way to the punching bag and start to hit the punching bag. Only a few minutes later my fucking hands hurt.

How can they beat the utter shit out of this thing without their knuckles or hands hurting?!

I am startled when I hear voices from the other side of the gym.

Voices that shouldn't be heard.

Voices that left minutes ago.

"Your forms wrong."

"You don't have your hands wrapped properly."

"What the fuck are you doing? Giving the bag love taps?"