Be Vulnerable Enough To

Gemma: (when She was unconscious)

"LeeLee give me back my cheesecake." My five-year-old self whines.

"Nope! It's mine!" He yells.

"Valley!!!! Valley!!! LeeLee stole my cheesecake!" I scream at my big brother.

"Leonardo give her back her cake!" Valley sternly tells LeeLee.

"But she had a piece already." He whines.

"So, you know you can't take her cheesecake away from her. That's like wishing to die." Valley chuckles.

"Like Pow Pow mother fucccc..." Julian starts to say.

"Ow!" He whines. Matty slaps Juls in his head.

"Language." Matty says with authority. Even as a teen he sounds scary. He nods his head in LeeLee and my direction.

This memory disappears and the next one comes stronger than the first.

"Family night! Lucifer get your ass down here. You've been in your office all day!" Mom's voice travels through the house.

"Family night!!!" All of us yell.

We all start to run for the stairs. Valley picks me up, Ren throws Vinny over his shoulders, and Matty scoops up LeeLee and dangles him sideways off his hip. All three barrel past all our brothers and into our theater room. They plop down on the couch with us still attached to them.

"You all cheated!" Maxi whines.

"Cheated! Like always!" Gi complains.

"More like Val and Gem teleported into the theater room." Juls jokes.

"I don't think I've ever seen him move so quick." Niko laughs out.

"Had to get the best seat." Valley says as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Movies!" Vinny, LeeLee, and I yell.

"Of course!" Mom laughs.

"Pizza?" I ask with puppy dog eyes.

"Already ordered it. It should be here any second." Dad's voice sounds from the stairs.

Our nanny comes in with the kitchen cart full of drinks, popcorn, and snacks. The rest of our family takes their seats and mom plays Little Rascals.
After hours of movies, snacks, and pizza. We all start to fall of sleep where we're at. I wake up to pizza sticking to my face. My feet in Matty's ribs. Valley's rear is in Ren's face. LeeLee is laying across Matty's body. Vinny has his face on top of Ren's rear. Niko and Juls are cuddling each other, Lonzo is laying on top of Maxi while Gi is cuddling Cian's feet and Cian's is doing the same as Gi. I look over and see mom has snapped a picture while dad is holding in his laughter.

Next Memory:

"Valley. Can I sleep with you." I ask while poking my sleeping brother's cheek. He opens his arms up and I climb into his bed. I lift up his covers and slide under them under. He kisses my nose.

"Always princess. You never have to ask. Just climb in my bed and I'll protect you from your fears." He mumbles out.That night I fell asleep quickly and didn't have a nightmare for the rest of the night.
Maybe Valley is my guardian angel. The one who fights my demons away as I sleep.

My knight in shining amour?

Next Memory:

"Gemmie wear my hoodie for good luck." Ren says while handing me his hoodie.