Be Confident Enough To Accept

Gemma:

Today Lucian and I have to sing. He's gave me his laptop over the weekend after our extracurricular activities; so I can listen to his music. In his words I need to be educated. He could have easily just sent me his playlist and I could have listened to it on my own laptop. I just think this is his way of spending time with me. Today our music class is in the theatre room. The stage is big enough for the class to perform. The teacher let us have whoever we wanted to help with instruments. But we still have to be the ones doing the bloody vocals. Lucian picks Kane for drums. In all honesty he is killer on those things.

Doesn't help he's fine as hell either.

I mean I can see why girls fall at his feet. They also fall at my brothers' feet but ewww.

Nope.

However, Kane isn't ewww. He's like a walking God.

Most definitely!

My pick is Leonardo on the bass. Because why not? Leonardo can play any instrument with perfection. We thought it is obvious to have Vincent on the guitar. I mean one of my triplet brothers is on one instrument. Why not the other? Lucian is also playing the guitar while singing with me. I, however, can't play any instrument. Lucian and the rest of my brothers tell me constantly that they'd teach me. Honestly, I can't wait. I hope I'm great at them like they are. The teacher calls for Lucian and I to get on stage. Maximus and Alonzo are in the crowd of students. Some of the other classes are in here as well. Meaning the teachers don't give a crap about their studies for the day. It also means Luke and Alex is in the room somewhere as well. I glance around and I spot all our brothers in the crowded room. Each has their phones out ready to record. I spot the twins as well. They are next to Alonzo and Maximus.

Please don't use this to embarrass me!

I turn to face Lucian like I done the times before with Vincent and Leonardo. The drums and guitars start. And when it comes time to sing, Lucian's part is up first.

"Never feared for anything. Never shamed but never free. A life that healed the broken heart with all that it could. Lived a life so endlessly. Saw beyond what others see. I tried to heal your broken heart with all that I could." Lucian's voice is so raw. So full of emotion. It makes your eyes tear up and your throat close up.

"Will you stay?

Will you stay forever?" His voice gets a little louder. His voice demands attention. A lot of it actually!

"How do I live without the ones I love? Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned. Place and time always on my mind. I have so much to say but you're so far away." Our voices fill the theater room. Our voices harmonize well with one another. My part is coming up and I don't know if I'm ready for this crap. Lucian already has me in my mood. Where I want to hug my brother and cry with him. Or punch him in the eye. Either or works perfectly fine for me.

"Plans of what our futures hold. Foolish lies of growin' old. It seems we're so invincible, the truth is so cold. A final song, a last request. A perfect chapter laid to rest. Now and then I try to find a place in my mind." My voice is soft at first than goes raspy. You can tell my emotions are pouring out into my voice. Eternally though, I want to strangle Lucian right now.

"Where you stay.

Where you stay forever." My voice is now softer than before.

"How do I live without the ones I love? Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned. Place and time always on my mind. I have so much to say but you're so far away." Our voices once again mesh well together. Lucian's powerful voice doesn't drown out my softer one.