You Human. They Are

Gemma:

After the incident in the kitchen. It is now time to go to bed. One of these days I'll be able to sleep without any nightmares. Tonight, apparently is one of those nights where I couldn't fall asleep no matter what? So, I creep slowly out into the hallway and up the stairs making sure not to walk through the double doors. I knock on the solid black door with red blotches on it. Please be awake.

"Door is unlocked." The voice says. I crack open the door.

"Are you awake?" I ask.

"No? I'm fucking dead and just speaking as a ghost." He deadpans.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Nightmare?" He asks with a softer voice.

"Yes. Can I sleep in here with you?" I ask my brother. That is100 percent a fucking lie. Hopefully he can't tell I'm lying, or he'll send me away quicker than I can say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

"Sure. But you normally go to Val." He states the obvious.

"He wasn't in there." I lie. We all know that is a lie as well. Val is in his room. I just hope he can't tell I'm lying with that statement either.

"Come here Gems." He answers.

He turns his bedside lamp on and moves the covers back for me. I crawl into his king size bed that's covered in black and red bedding. Should have known his bedding would be these colors. I mean they are his favorite.

"Goodnight." I whisper out. Not even thirty seconds later after my head hit his pillow; I am out like a light. We wake up the next morning to frantic voices. That one probably one of the best sleeps I have had in forever. Which has gotten ruined by everyone yelling.

"Where is she?"

"She's not in her room."

"She isn't in the kitchen eating cheesecake!"

"She's not anywhere down on the first floor."

"Music rooms clear."

"She's not with Val."

"She's always in his room!"

"Well, she didn't come in here last night. So, she is not in my room."

"Gemma!"

"Gemmie!"

"Sorella!"

"Gem come out of hiding!"

"Please tell me she's safe!"

"I wander how long it will take them to realize I'm in here?" I ask.

"Probably another thirty seconds." He speaks.

His door burst open and a frantic Renzo and a messy haired Matteo barge in through the door. They don't even scan the room just keep blurting out questions.

"Lucian! Have you seen Gemma." Renzo questions.

"We can't find her." Matteo says all but calmly.

"Yeah she's." Lucian goes to answer.

"Hey guys." I mumble from behind the covers, peeking at my brothers. They look like they seen a ghost.

"Lucian have you.... Oh, hey Gemma." Gianni says.

"Found her!" Renzo calls out.

"She was sleeping in Lucian's room." Matteo yells down the stairs.

"What!" We hear several yells.

"Is she still breathing?" Leonardo asks.

"More like is he still alive?" Vincent questions.

"Both are alive and fine." Our four brothers answer back. The four idiot brothers in the doorway decide to walk back out. They close the door behind them.