What All This Is

Gemma:

It's been a week since the match with Lucian. Makeup can't even help with my black eye.

Gianni, Maximus, and Alonzo this past week have taught me about cars and racing. Tonight we're suppose to go to one of their races. They said not to let dad know. I figured it was because they didn't want dad to know they were taking me. If I would have known then what I know now.

I wouldn't have came.

Maximus is the only one racing. I am riding with Gianni in his daily driver. His truck with a trailer attached to it. Alonzo is with Maximus in his car.

If I had known we were driving a few hours from the house.

Into enemy territory.

I wouldn't have came.

When I finally realized we crossed the boarder, I swear steam was coming out of my ears. I could have killed them.

"We're in fucking Nice, France!"

"Shut up!"

"Scream it a little louder."

"So the fucking angels can hear you."

"You'll be with the angels if dad finds out."

"He won't find out!"

"Yes he will. We're so dead."

"Shut up. Maximus has a race to do."

"Fuck his race. We're going to die."

Maximus has his car set up where it needs to be. We stand next to his car talking while Gianni and Alonzo are drooling over all the girls here.

We have been here for a few hours before he is finally called.

"Maximus Rossi. Francisco Blanc."

He drives his car to the starting line.

"Maximus, 17. Lamborghini Huracán Performante. Left lane."

We hear some gasps, boos, and cheering. It is a complete mixture of reactions. That doesn't stop Maxi, he just rolls his window down and starts to wave at any and everyone. I swear, he's lost a few brain cells on this ride.

We're so dead.

Very dead ma'am.

Dad is going to kill us.

I am too young to die yet!

"Francisco, 19. Citroën GT. Right lane."

The crowd boos more than they cheer for this guy. .

Several more cars move up towards the line. Each of them are behind my brother and the other guy.

"You will travel on A 8 for 2 miles. You will take the exit. You will get back onto A 8. Go for two miles and get off. We're a block away from the exit. The first one to cross the line wins all the cash from the entry fees. Plus, the winner gets the bidding money. Any questions?" The announcer says.

Illegal street racing!

What the fuck!

Gianni Enzo Rossi, Maximus Antonio Rossi, and Alonzo Malek Rossi I am going to kill each of you slowly. You will die a painful death my brothers!

The flag girl raises a piece of fabric and as soon as she lets it fall; they take off. I knew Maxi is good. But I didn't expect his ass to shoot off like a rocket. He was gone in a blink of an eye.