Don't Minimize Them

Lucian:

(A while before Gemma came into the picture.)

⚠️ Contains Violence ⚠️

After we have safely locked Gemma in her safe spot. Julian, Leonardo, Valentino, and I stay on the floor she's on. We need to protect her at all costs. She's our precious gems. She's our treasure. Vincent heads down to Gianni. We, well they don't know who the French Mafia wants.

I have a feeling.

And it wasn't just one of us they want.

It was four of us.

Three of us are on this very damn floor. Us protecting her is more important but if they get to us they'll have two of us that they want instantly. In order to get to Gems they have to kill all of us. Even dad because none of us won't give up her location. Like I said she's our treasure. No matter what, she'll be safe even if we all die while protecting her. I have to protect Gemma at all cost. Even if it means my own life. I would do it, just to make sure she is safe. We hear our front door burst off its' hinges.

Bloody French bastards made it in our home.

Fuck.

We all have our earpieces in.

Thank god!

It's how we can communicate with one another. When we're in dangerous situations, hunting down enemies, or whatever really.

"Stay upstairs. Kill anyone who isn't our people!" Renzo growls out.

"You guys better have your fucking vest on!" Matteo snarls in our ear. Matteo rarely cussing.

Shit.

They just poked the momma bear of the Rossi siblings. We each have on our vest.

Except Julian.

Therefore, while I'm trying to keep Gemma safe. I'm also making sure my older brother isn't going to go all Rambo mode and get himself killed. Where that idiot goes....

I go.

I am walking behind Julian, making sure we're in the clear. We are shooting enemies left and right. I am so focused on keeping Julian safe. I forget to cover my own ass.

It happens in a blur.

So quickly.

We are creeping down the long old ass hallway, when one our enemy's men is waiting behind the wall.

Gemma's old bedroom.

Fuck!

He is so close to her and I never realized it. Her old room connects to her actual room. Thank God or Lucifer that Val made her a safe room. I didn't check it all the way like a dumbass. I just glance in see it's okay from what I could see. I just kept walking behind Julian. As soon as I am a few feet past the doorframe, I am tackled to the ground. The commotion catches Julian's attention. We are flipping every directions. We end up with his back towards Julian. I'm in the struggling process with this Frenchman. Struggling not to get shot in my face. Struggling to keep my head attached to my body.
I'm not weak by any means. But, what the fuck was in this guys cereal this morning? This guy has his gun trying to shoot me in my face. I am able to move his hand over just in time before he pulls his trigger. He shoots into the wall instead of my handsome face. While I'm still struggling, Julian comes up behind the mother fucker and slits his throat. Now I have fucking blood covering my face. For the love of God don't have some type of incurable disease He helps me back to my feet after kicking the bastard off me. I move in front of Julian and begin to search the following rooms. As we take the second hallway, we are walking side by side each checking rooms.