Seven down, four to go

Back on Earth Rhodey was dealing with the red tape.

"Still no word from Vision?" Ross asked.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh." Rhodey said.

"On a stolen quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals."

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?"

"My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here."

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel."

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that."

"You have second thoughts?"

"Not anymore."

"Mr. Secretary." Steve said.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross said.

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha said.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... We'll fight you, too." Steve said.

"Arrest them." Ross said to Rhodey.

"All over it." Rhodey said and turned off hologram. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

"You too, Rhodey." Steve said.

"Well. You guys, really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam said.

"Uh, I think you look great. Yeah. I'm back." Bruce said.

"Hi, Bruce." Natasha said.

"Nat."

"This is awkward." Sam said.

Later Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Rhodey, Wanda and Vision were in another room.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right? And they can clearly find us. We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce said.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families." Natasha said.

"Who's Scott?"

"Ant-Man." Steve said.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the Universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... He gets...Vision's stone."

"Well then, we have to protect it." Natasha said.

"No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail." Vision said addressing Wanda as he neared her.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation." Wanda said.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price."

"Only you, have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve said.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision said walking towards Steve.

Steve took a breath, but before he had a chance to answer Bruce started to speak.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another." Bruce said.

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asked.

"I'm saying that... If we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Natasha asked.

"Not me. Not here."

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey said.

"I know somewhere." Steve said.

At Wakanda, T'Challa and Okoye were walking together, accompanied by two Wakandan soldiers.

"You'll have the King's Guard, and the Dora Milaje have been alerted." Okoye said.

"And the border tribe?" T'Challa said.

"Those that are left."

"Send word to the Jabari as well. M'Baku likes a good fight."

"And what of this one?"

"This one may be tired of war. but the White Wolf has rested long enough." he said and the Wakandan soldiers present the White Wolf with a new adamantium arm.

"Where's the fight?" Bucky asked.

"On it's way."