Chapter 44

2014 Nebula had captured 2023 Nebula and was fighting her future self.

"You're weak." 2014 Nebula said.

"I'm you." Nebula said and 2014 Nebula threw a punch straight at her and 2014 Gamora walked into the room. "You can stop this. You know you want to. Did you see what happens in the future? Thanos finds the Soul Stone. You wanna know how he does that? You wanna know what he does to you?" Nebula said.

"That's enough." 2014 Nebula said and kicked and Present Nebula to the wall and pulled out her Electric Knife. "You disgust me. But that doesn't mean you're useless." she said and stole the golden plate on the side of Present Nebula's face and wore it herself.

Then she walked up to Thanos, gave him a Pym Particle and showed him her new look.

"How do I look?" she asked.

Soon they arrived at 2014 Vormir.

"Wow– Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome." Clint said.

Then they started walking towards the mountain and climbed it.

"I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain." Natasha said.

"Technically, he's not a raccoon, you know."

"Whatever. He eats garbage."

"Welcome." 2013 Red Skull said and they drew their weapons. "Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Clint, son of Edith."

"Who are you?"

"Consider me a guide. To you, and to all who seek the Soul Stone."

"Oh, good. You tell us where it is. Then we'll be on our way."

"Ah, liebchen– If only it were that easy." he said said and leads them to the cliff. "What you seek lies in front of you... as does what you fear."

"The stone is down there."

"For one of you. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul."

Later Natasha was sitting on a log while Clint watched the Stonekeeper.

"How's it going? Jesus...Maybe he's making this shit up." Clint said.

"No. I don't think so." Natasha said.

"Why, 'cause he knows your Daddy's name?"

"I didn't. Thanos left here with the stone without his daughter. It's not a coincidence."

"Yeah."

"Whatever it takes."

"Whatever it takes." he said and she stood up.

"If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead."

"Then I guess we both know who it's gotta be."

"I guess we do." she said and he held her hand and she reciprocated and they looked at each other.

"I'm starting to think– we mean different people here, Natasha."

"For the last five years I've been trying to do one thing: Get to right here. That's all it's been about. Bringing everybody back."

"Oh, don't you get all decent on me now."

"What, you think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot."

"Yeah, well, I don't want you to, because I– Natasha, you know what I've done. You know what I've become."

"I don't judge people on their worst mistakes."

"Maybe you should."

"You didn't."

"You're a pain in my ass, you know that?" he said and they leaned their heads against each other. "Okay. You win." he said, smiled and and knocked her to the ground. "Tell my family I love them."

Then Natasha returned the favor by tackling him to the ground.

"You tell them yourself." she said, electrocuted him and ran towards the cliff.

Then he got up and shot an explosive arrow knocking her down. Then he ran towards the cliff and jumped but she jumped after him and hooked him up to a grappling hook.

"Damn you!" he said.

"Let me go."

"No. Please, no."

"It's okay."

"Please–" he said but she kicked the wall, fell off the rope and plummeted to the ground. "NO!!!"

Her body was on the ground, dead. A boom in the sky sent Clint in a pool of water with the Soul Stone in his hand. He hit the ground out of sadness and his Quantum Suit activate and he shrunk back to the present day, soon joined by the others returning from their journeys.

At the Avengers HQ and the Quantum platform everyone looked around to see all the recovered stones.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Rhodey said and there was a pause as everyone started to realize someone was missing.

"Clint, where's Nat?"

The silence from Clint told them all they need to know. The mission was completed but at a dire cost. Sadness overtook everyone. Bruce fell to his knees and pounded the floor in grief while Peter saw the day he found out his parents died then the day he lost Ben.