I have to fix this to get him back

Later Peter was in the kitchen washing dishes after dinner. As he finished the last of them he saw a photo of both Tony and him, with him holding his Stark Internship certificate. Then he knew what he's fighting for.

A few minutes later he was talking to his computer, generating a holographic model of something he's working on.

"Look at a mod inspiration, let me see what check out. So, recommend one last sim before we pack it in for the night. This time, in the shape of a mobius strip, inverted, please." he said.

"Processing..." Karen said.

"Give me that eigenvalue. That, particle factoring, and a spectral decomp. That will take a second."

"Just a moment."

"And don't worry if it doesn't pan out. I'm just kinda -"

"Model rendered."

In a complete shock of amazement, the render came back as 99.987% successful. Peter fell back, bewildered by this discovery.

"Shit!" he said.

"Shit." May said and giggled.

"What are you doing up, little mess?" he whispered.

"Shit."

"No, we don't say that. Only daddy says that word. He coined it, it belongs to him."

"Why you up?"

"'Cause I got some important shit going on here." he said and she gave him a taste of the incredulous. "What do you think? No, I got something on my mind. I got something on my mind."

"Was it Juice Pops?"

"Sure was. That's extortion. Great minds think alike. Juice Pops, exactly was on..." he said and looked back to the model and turned back. "my mind."

A few minutes later they were in May's room.

"You done? Yeah, now you are." Peter said and wiped May's lips and pushed her head onto her pillow. "That face goes there."

"Tell me a story." May said.

"A story... Once upon a time, Maguna went to bed. The end."

"That's a horrible story." she said giggling.

"Come on, that's your favorite story. I love you tons." he said and kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you 3000."

"Wow." he said silently. "3000. That's crazy." he said and turned off the lamp. "Go to bed. Night, night." he said and closed the door.

A few minutes later he was in the living room where Harley was reading a book sitting on the couch. Peter paced in front of the fireplace.

"Not that it's a competition, but she loves me 3000. You were somewhere on the low 6 to 900 range." Peter said and Harley scoffed."What are you reading?"

"It's just a book on composting." Harley said.

"What's new with composting?"

"Just -"

"I figured it out, by the way."

"Huh?"

"Time travel."

"What? Wow... That's amazing, and... terrifying." Harley said amazed.

"That's right."

"We got really lucky."

"Yeah, I know."

"A lot of people didn't."

"No, I can't help everybody."

"It sort a seems like you can."

"Not if I stop. I can put a pin in it right now, and stop."

"Peter, trying to get you to stop has been one of the hardest things of my life." Harley said and Peter smiled. "But I have no control over if you stay Spider-Man or finally hang up the mask."

"I sometimes feel I should put it in a locked box and drop it at the bottom of a lake... go to bed."

"But would you be able to rest?"