Chapter 46

Scott who survived the blast by shrinking.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" Rhodey said.

"What?" Scott said.

"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!"

"Wait! I'm here! I'm here, can you hear me?"

Meanwhile Clint was in the sewer system trying to get his bearings and flashed a light upwards to see what happened.

Cap?" he said and found the gauntlet with him but sensed he's not alone down there.

He shot an arrow with light towards the dark tunnel and found hordes of Outriders.

"Damn." he said under his breath, took the gauntlet and ran towards the opposite direction while the Outriders chase after him.

At the Sanctuary II and it beamed 2014 fully armored to the ground and Nebula walked towards him.

"Daughter." 2014 Thanos said.

"Yes, Father." 2014 Nebula said.

"So, this is the future. Well done."

She took off the orange plate on her head and threw it away.

"Thank you, Father. They suspected nothing." she said.

2014 Thanos put his double-bladed sword on the ground, took off his helmet and put on top of the sword's edge.

"The arrogant never do." he said and sat down. "Go. Find the stones. Bring them to me."

"What will you do?"

"Wait."

2014 Nebula proceeded to go find the stones and 2014 Gamora was watching. Then 2014 Gamora headed over to where Nebula was being held prisoner.

"Tell me something. In the future, what happens to you and me?" 2014 Gamora said.

"I tried to kill you. Several times." Nebula said and 2014 Gamora rolled her eyes. "But eventually, we become friends. We become sisters." she said and 2014 Gamora held out her hand.

"Come on. We can stop him." 2014 Gamora said and Nebula took it.

Meanwhile Peter was walking towards unconscious Steve on the ground.

"Come on. Wake up." he said. "You lose this again, I'm keeping it." he said holding Steve's shield.

"What happened?" Steve asked.

"You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." Peter said and helped him to his feet.

Then they walked up to join Thor, observing 2014 Thanos from a distance.

"What's he been doing?" Peter asked.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor said.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them." Peter said.

"So we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asked.

"Yeah. And I don't care."

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thor said and thunder cracked as he stretched out both hands to summon both Stormbreaker and 2013 Mjolnir. Then his casual clothes transformed into his amour and cape, with his beard getting some braid treatment. "Let's kill him properly this time." he said and they walked over to confront Thanos face to face.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." 2014 Thanos said.

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn." Peter said.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do." 2014 Thanos said and stood up. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom." he said and put on his helmet. "And then– With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given." he said and Thor lit himself up. "A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve said.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them."

The fighting started and Thor and Peter went straight at him.

Meanwhile, Hulk was under all of the mess trying to hold up the structure. Rhodey and Rocket were breathing for their lives.

"See you on the other side, man." Rhodey said.

"Hang on! I'm coming!" Scott said.

Meanwhile Hawkeye was running with the infinity gauntlet blowing the place, and escaped before the Outriders overwhelm him. Then he saw Nebula.

"Oh, hey– I know you." he said and gave her the gauntlet.

Then she put her hand on her earpiece.

"Father." 2014 Nebula said and Clint gasped and found out that she's from 2014. "I have the stones." 2014

"What?!" he said and tried getting up but she stepped her foot down on him and points her gun at him.

"Stop." 2014 Gamora said and came around the corner.

"You're betraying us?" 2014 Nebula said and with her hands up, joined 2014 Gamora.

Then she point edher gun at her future self.

"You don't have to do this." Nebula said.

"I am this."

"No, you're not." 2014 Gamora said.

"You've seen what we become." Nebula said.

"Nebula, listen to her."

"You can change."

"He won't let me." 2014 Nebula said and pointed her gun at 2014 Gamora.

"NO!" 2014 Gamora said.

Then present Nebula shot 2014 Nebula and she died. Hawkeye picked up the Infinity Gauntlet.

Back with Peter, Steve and Thor.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." Peter said and Thor banged his 2 hammers together combined with his lightning.