We lost

Somewhere in space Nebula and Peter were on the ship playing paper football.

"Wrra!" Nebula said frustrated and put her hands in a fighting stance while looking at Peter.

"You don't need to do that. Because uh... you're just holding position." Peter said and flicked a paper football towards him. "Oh yeah, that was close." he said and she flicked a paper football towards him. "That's a goal. We're now one apiece."

"I would like to try again." she said and flicked a paper football towards him.

"We're tied up. Feel the tension? It's fun." Peter said and flicked a paper football towards Nebula "That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win." he said and she flicked the paper football towards him. "And... you've won. Congratulations." he said and reached his hand out to shake her hand. "Fair game. Good sport." he said and she shook his hand. "Have fun?"

"It was fun."

Later Peter rubbed his thumb over his left eye, and then leaned down, to what would be his last sleep. Nebula walked over to him, and carried him to Drax's seat, and lied him there and walked away dejected.

Then there was a light on Peter's face, which grew brighter and brighter until he was forced to open his eyes. It was Carol.