Chapter 4- Uninvited Guest

It was pitch black in there. The place was crowded. Wayne heard people talking to each other. He was able to recognize a few. He heard a familiar voice talking

" Close the lid Jacks." That was Ashton speaking.

" Why it's so dark in here, someone please turn on the lights." this time it was Sara who said it.

"Can't, it's not working. Gimme a second I have a lighter" Wayne heard one of the unfamiliar voice saying that.

It was a faint light, but it was sufficient to see everything around it. There was only one new guy. Then Wayne heard a noise and it was the noise of Jackson closing the lid.

The man with the lighter started walking toward the door and everybody followed him, someone pushed Wayne from behind. Then the guy unlocked a door and all of them entered the camp.

Wayne never expected this. He was surprised when he saw what was in front of his eyes. He was expecting a few more survivors, scavengers. But this place was packed with people; men, women, kids, teenagers families . It wasn't just a little camp, it seemed like a whole community.

"What do you think ?" Asked Ashton.

"How many people are in here ?" Wayne replied with another question.

" I have no idea....hundred and fifty, two hundred.... I don't really know ." Ashton replied.

"What is this place?" Wayne asked again

" Well it used to be an Indoor stadium, now it's our camp. We call it THE CAMP, cause Sara didn't want to give it an awesome name. And I will save you a few more questions, we've been here for almost 2 years. Perhaps more, because I don't know, I lost count. We found most of these peoples just like we found you, on the streets while searching for supplies. And yes we got electricity, water, bathrooms and showers, a kitchen and plenty of space to sleep. " Said Ashton

" So Is there anything else you'd like to know? " Ashton asked again

" Not right now " replied Wayne

"Ash... Take him to room C " Samuel told Ashton

"Alright, move man " Ashton pushed Wayne

They began moving toward another door. Wayne looked around the place, a couple of times. He didn't want to miss anyone. Most of the peoples engaged in some sort of activity. There was sadness and despair on their faces, except kids. Most of them were running around playing, laughing. They were not greatly affected by the destruction of the outer world.

They walked right through the room. Nearly everyone stopped for a moment to see the strange man in the strange dress. Some smiled at him, others gave him an inquisitive look, others didn't even care. Now he is at the end of the room, Ashton pushed him again. They went into the corridor. Ashton opened another door to the right and brought Wayne in.

It was a small room with a table in the centre and three chairs were placed around it. Ashton made himself comfortable told Wayne to to sit. And he closed the door behind.

" Wait here. They won't be long. Meantime, let me introduce myself properly. I'm Ashton C. Joseph. My friends call me Ash. "

" It's nice to meet you, Ashton " replied Wayne, shaking his hand.

" How did you ended up here ?" Wayne had one more question.

" Well that's a long story, I don't think we have the time for it. I'll tell you another day. I mean, if we don't kill you... " Ashton replied