Chapter 5- A Friend in need

Wayne felt something on his face, he quickly awoke.

" What the.... " He said it aloud. He saw a bunch of kids standing before him when he opened his eyes.

" Run Sammie, he is awake " said one

Then they all ran to a hallway. They were curious about the new guy. They were going through his pockets, hoping they'd find anything interesting. And a kid pocked his face, and then he woke up. The moment he woke up, they all fled. He just sat there for a couple more minutes and got up. Most of the people are awake already.

" Good morning " said he to a lady on the way.

She didn't answer, she gave him the weird look and left. He saw Sara and a few other people serving food to everybody. He was going around them to get her attention. But she didn't notice. Suddenly he heard somebody speaking.

" Hi. You're the new guy, right? " It was a little girl. She had a red top and a dark pajama.

" Hello there, yes I'm the new guy and my name is Wayne! Who am I speaking with ? " asked Wayne.

" My name is Rayley, my friends call me Ray " said the young girl.

" It's nice to meet you Rayley, or can I call you Ray ?" Wayne asked

" Mmmmm..., no you can't. We are not friends." she replied.

" Oh okay, that's not what I expected, but ok " Wayne smiled " How old are you? " He asked

" I am ten, and what is your age?" Let me guess.. you look old but not too old, I think you are forty " Said Rayley

" Nah, but close " he replied. " So what can I do for you?"

" Mmm, well.... well." She looked round to see if anyone was listening.

" Please tell me, I want to be your friend. Do you need my help ?" asked Wayne.

" Hey man, good morning.." Both of them heard the voice. It was Ashton's.

He was coming in their direction.

" Good-bye, we will speak later." Rayley ran away.

" Sara said you were awake Take these, you'll need them. " and he gave Wayne a toothbrush, toothpaste and a towel.

" Freshen up, we've got a lovely day ahead of us." he continued

"Thanks !" Wayne replied

" What were you discussing with Rayley ? " Ashton asked

" Nothing, we were just introducing ourselves. " Wayne replied

" Okay, so come to the kitchen if you want to eat something, after the shower. " Ashton told Wayne.

" Will do " answered Wayne and walked towards the bathroom.

He returned within 20 minutes. I walked straight into the kitchen. Sara was still there. She gave him something to eat. Two hard-boiled eggs, an apple with a cup of coffee.

" Where did you find these ? " Wayne pointed towards the eggs and apples.

" Why do you care? If you don't want 'em to give it to somebody else. " He knew from her response that she didn't like the question

He said nothing back, took the tray with the food and went to an empty chair. While eating, he saw Rayley again. She was sitting in the corner of the room, alone. She wasn't playing with other kids. She just sat there observing everything.