Chapter 7- Truth, Lies & The Lost

Samuel and Ashton were still searching for something not lost. Sara and Jackson vanished from sight. And wayne's still playing along.

" You sure you lost it here ? " Ashton asked Wayne

" I don't know, man, I had it in my pocket when you shot me." Wayne replied

" We looked all over the area, but we found shit. " Ashton said to them disappointingly.

" Let me check the top of the ship. " said Samuel

" Come with me there is a ladder at that end. " said Wayne

They walked towards the back of the ship, and went to the top.

" Why were you here? " said Samuel.

" See... " Wayne pointed to the solar panels. " They are solar panels.
Some are broken, I was repairing them. The ship needs power and it cannot fly without restoring the panels."

Ashton and Samuel saw the broken solar panels.

" Is there anyone inside ?" Asked Samuel

" No, there was no one except me." Wayne replied

" It is hard to believe that a single person can control this huge vessel. " said Samuel.

" It's not so hard, it's totally automated." Wayne replied

Samuel didn't respond and he told Wayne and Ashton to continue the search. Wayne knew he could enter the ship from there. He was standing right above the entrance. He only needs a matter of seconds. But he didn't want to do that. Cause if he does, he's gonna be trapped in a spaceship that can't fly.

Wayne thought about telling the truth, maybe they will help him to fix the ship. But it makes no difference. Even if they help him repair the ship, there's no place to go.

" She played you well. " Ashton said with laughter.

" What? " asked Wayne with curiosity.

" Rayley ! She played you well. " Ashton replied

Wayne looked at him and couldn't figure out what he was saying.

" She tricked you dude. Have you ever wondered why she goes to a stranger for help when there are so many people she knows there? The answer is simple, she asked all of us."

" She asked everybody to find her dog. But they all told her they can't go out. And everyone knew her dog must have died. But nobody wants to tell her that."

He stopped for few seconds and continued " When she realized that nobody was looking for her dog, she decided to do it on her own. That dog went through the hole in the garbage area. And someone saw Rayley trying sneak out through it. That's why we put that big metal plate there. It was so heavy for her to move it. "

" She needed someone to move it from there. But she knew that nobody in the camp would do that for her. So she came to you asking for help. "

" She is just 10." Said Wayne with a surprised face.

" Haha.. you guys went in there. Then she called her dog, didn't she ?" Asked Ashton

" Yeah, few times." Wayne replied

" She lost her dog two days ago. How can you tell she hasn't done that before? " Ashton asked Wayne.

" Mmmm well..... " Wayne had nothing to say.

" Exactly, she's tried this before. She tried it with Sara, and with a few other guys from the camp. But nobody was foolish enough to forget to close the hole. She distracted you from closing it ." Said Ashton