Chapter 11- Lab 7

It is 7.30 in the morning as Emily wakes up from her sleep. Following her daily morning routine, she went to the cafeteria to pick up her lunch. She looked at her watch, it's 9.43. She had to be there at 10.00 am because today was important to her. She was pacing towards the elevator. But the janitor blocked her path to the elevator as she walked through the hallway. She told him to pick up the pace. He walked a little faster, and when they reached the other side, she noticed his name, Wayne.

It was not the first time she had seen him.He was working here for few years. But so far they have not spoken to each other, she didn't even knew his name until now.

As she waited for her friend near the lift, she overheard him talking to a bald man. She stood there for few minutes. Then she saw her friend running towards her.

" Where were you ? " She asked
" I overslept I'm sorry. " Dan replied

They both went inside the elevator.

The elevator stopped at lab 7. When it opened. They Saw Robert.

" It's almost time, where were you ? " He asked them

" It was her fault. " Dan pointed at Emily

" Sorry, did they started ?" She asked Albert

" No, they are about to. Let's go " Said Albert

They headed to Room C, where the body of an unidentified extraterrestrial species was kept. Some explorers found it on the ice, it was millions of years old. That body was the subject of their research for about two years. They still know very little about it. They were unable to even break through its skin. It was the hardest thing they had ever encountered. They're going to cut it open today.

They found it with a sword pierced through it's head, and it's hands were found separated from its body.  It wasn't the only thing they found, there was some sort of mysterious device. A hexagonal box covered with alien symbols. And it had a hole in one side. All three objects they found were not made of elements on the periodic table.

The sword was the only thing which can penetrate it's skin. Even a sharp diamond and most powerful laser failed to penetrate the skin. After arguing for an year, they finally decided to use the sword to cut it open.

" Dan, you ready ? " Asked Emily

" Yeah.. " Dan took a deep breath

She took the sword. They lifted the body up

" Cut it around the spikes " said Emily

" Sure " Said Dan and cut the skin through the line they draw in its body.

" I did it " Dan jumped around " I'm a freaking ninja " She laughed

They all looked at the alien, it's body finally penetrated.They removed the body from there and placed it on the table. They all gathered around the table.

" Shall we ? " Asked Vince, the lead scientists.

Each person took a pair of gloves and put them on. Vince reached inside with his hand and tore it apart. There was not even a single blood drop.

" Well that's interesting " said Dan

It had a similar anatomy to humans, but lacked a few organs. Apart from a heart, lungs, and brain, it had nothing inside but soft tissue.

" Try to cut it with the blades "

" Take few samples " said Vince

Dan, Albert and Diya started to take samples.