Chapter 22 - Hide

" Can you hear me " Wayne called Samuel

He was driving the jeep as fast as possible while Zy was looking for her guys. He was trying to get far from her.

" Yes. Loud and clear. " Samuel replied " What's your status? Did you get it ? "

" Yes but...... there were complications..." Wayne replied

" Fuck.... Does she know about our involvement ?" asked Samuel.

" That is difficult to say. I lied to her, but I have no idea if she bought it. " Said Wayne. " If she calls again, let her know your scouts haven't returned ."

" What ....? Why ....? What did you do ?" Samuel was a little worried

" Thats what I told her, I learned about the plutonium while I was torturing them. " Said Wayne " And I want you to tell her about my drones. Tell her no one can get to me unnoticed. "

" Fine," said Samuel. " So where are you? How quickly can you return ?"

" I'm on my way back. " Wayne replied

" Now..? It's almost dark. " Said Samuel

" I know, but I was left with no other choice. " The jeep was over 100 miles per hour, but it was getting harder and harder to drive when he got closer to the city.

"And the jet pack ?Why don't you use it ?" inquired Samuel.

" Falcon...? No, it will take at least 15 minutes to get here, a few minutes to prepare, and another 15 minutes to return. By then, I'm pretty sure I'll be dead. I got ten minutes of sunlight, maximum. Therefore, I will use that time to make my way to a safe place. " Said Wayne

"Alright. Good luck. " Said Samuel

He looked up at regular intervals, the sky turned darker and darker.

" NOVA notify me as soon as you see movements "

While driving, he saw a large building with a dim light coming from its window. As Wayne looked up, he saw a shadow moving. It appeared to be a guy, looking down. He may have heard the jeep. The moment Wayne saw him, he quickly covered the window and turned off the light.

" Scan it." He told NOVA

One drone flew close to the window and Wayne stopped the vehicle,

" Anyone else in there ? " asked Wayne

" No just one " said NOVA

" Do you want to take him out ? "

" No ! That's where I'm going to stay tonight " he started the engine

He found a decent spot for hiding the jeep. He took the plutonium out of the jeep and hid it in dumpster near the place. And ran towards the building through debris.

" You sure it's safe ?" Asked NOVA

" Keep it here, no one's stealing it tonight "

" Keep a drone nearby " he said to NOVA.

Wayne looked to the sky, the sun has disappeared. He increased his speed, ran fast as he could.

" Captain, you should hurry." said NOVA, he knew what she was talking about.

" How many ? " He asked

" Closest one is 272 metres away, east " NOVA replied

He entered the building and flew through the steps.