Chapter 10- The Beginning

July /9/ 2020 - 4 months and 27 days before the invasion.

" Can you please go a little bit fast ? I need to get to work " Emily told the guy walking infront her. It was a small bridge. Only one person could fit down the narrow bridge at once. And that guy was dragging a mopping trolley.

" I'm sorry ma'am " he accelerated his work and they got to the other side in a short while.

She said " Thank You " and started to walk towards the elevator. While walking she noticed his name tag, she saw his name; Wayne.

He noticed her too,She is about 30 years of age, about 5.5 feet tall, black hair and she have blue eyes. He had seen her many times before but never talked. She is one of the lead scientists in this facility.

He was about to finish his morning shift. It's almost 10.00 am. He then made his way to the lab 1. Went in, cleaned the floor without disturbing anyone in there. When he got out of there, he saw her waiting for the elevator, he knew she was waiting for her friend .

She was going to the Lab 7, which is restricted to certain people. There is only limited access. Only those select few people are aware of what is inside.

" Stop staring at her " Said Steve

" I wasn't stating at her " Wayne replied

" Yeah sure " Steve laughed Sarcastically

" So you done ? " Wayne asked Steve

" Yeah, you ? " Asked Steve

"About to, go ahead. I will meet you in the cafeteria " said Wayne

" Ok dude, stop staring, start working " Steve patted on his shoulder and walked away.

Wayne showed his middle finger to Steve with a smile. And he looked at the elevator, but she was already gone. He then continued his work.

After finishing, he went to his room. The room was so small. With one bed and a table aside it. And a bathroom that a regular person could hardly stand in. He went in and took a bath. He pulled a drawer from under the bed and took a t-shirt and pair of shorts. And then he proceeded to the cafeteria.

Steve was sitting there, talking to someone. Wayne knew Steve before he came here. They are both from the same prison. He is the only close friend Wayne have right now.

Steve is kind of a funny guy. But also famous for his short temper. He is 37, divorced, have 2 kids with his ex wife. He is bald and have a clean shaved face.

" Hey you want some ? " Steve asked him while holding a pizza in his hand

" Sure " Wayne took one piece.

" How's your girlfriend ? " Asked Steve

" Girlfriend ? " Wayne looked at him without understanding what he was saying

" Yeah..... girlfriend " Steve started to laugh

" Oh damn, you still on that ? " Wayne understood what Steve was talking about

" Haha... Why don't you ask her out ? " Asked Steve

" Yeah.... " Wayne laughed " You think I have a chance with her ? "  asked Wayne

" Why not ? You think she have a boyfriend ? " Asked Steve

" Well I don't think so. But it's not that... " Said Wayne