Chapter 33 - Camouflage

Later that night, Albert heard his phone ringing. It was Allen

" What is it ? " Albert answered the phone

" Sir I'm at your door. " said Allen

" What .... ? What are you doing ? " asked Albert

" Please open, I will explain everything. " Allen replied

Allen came inside when Albert opened the door.

" Sir, listen to me, it's important " Allen said before Albert spoke. " Since seeing the photo, I've been thinking about it constantly. I couldn't sleep so I did some research. When I checked Dan's profile in FIESTAA, I saw a lot of pictures, including her marriage, her kids' graduations, her son's birthdays, their marriage, and her husband's death. "

" So what ? " Albert didn't understand what Allen was trying to say

" I couldn't find that girl in any of those pictures. Obviously she would have been in at least one of the pictures if she was Dan's relative. As a last resort, I sent the photo to James, but he had no idea who she was."

" Then I told him to ask his brother Terry. The response Terry gave, however, was different. "

Conversation between James and Terry

" Why ? Who is she ? " asked James

" That's her... She is the fucking bitch " said Terry

" What are you talking about ? " James was clueless

" You don't remember ? Because of her, you used to call me delusional. " said Terry

" Is she the girl you talked about all the time ? " asked James

" Yeah... Yeah you fucking moron ... You believe me now ???? After all these years.... " Terry ended the call

After that James called Allen

" So ? What was he trying to say " asked Allen

" We lost our dad when we were so young. Because mom's high profile job with uncle Albert kept her busy most of the time so we were in boarding school. We only came home during holidays or summer vacations. Mom used to be a lot of fun. It was a blast, those days were magical. In one instance, Terry took a week off, went home, and came back the next day.

" He didn't reply when I asked him why. I kept asking him. Eventually, he told me that mom had a daughter. It was impossible, I thought he was joking. In spite of this, he remained firm in his decision. "

" Apparently, he saw a girl playing and laughing in our house with our mom. As soon as he walked in, she disappeared; he asked mom about it, and she denied it. "

" When I called mom about the incident, she laughed it off and said Terry may have had a crazy daydream. And I believed her. He thought mom had an affair and had another daughter. He thought we were sent to the boarding school because of her. Over the years, there were many arguments and fights. Eventually Terry moved away. However, I always trusted my mother. Now you have called me and shown me this picture of some random girl with my mom, who is exactly the same girl my brother saw. Now I'm not sure what to believe."

" Was she lying to me ? " asked James

" We found this picture in the house. Our file wasn't there, so we assumed she might have it. If I receive any further information, I will get in touch with you. " said Allen