Chapter 30 - Allen's Story

Allen looked at his watch as he ran towards the lab. Somehow, he managed to make it in time. All of his colleagues were there.

" In 3......2......1...... We are officially online " said one of the senior scientist.

Afterward, he stood at the podium and began speaking.

" Since the beginning of this project, I knew it would be the most challenging, toughest, and hardest I have ever been involved in. It was a battle against an enemy we didn't know existed. "

" I couldn't do anything when that monster attacked me and my friends. It killed my friends right in front of me. I was helpless.... It haunts me till this day. "

" Over the past 40 years, I've spent my time figuring out how to deal with them. Preventing it from happening again... Sadly I'm still trying. "

" Today's accomplishment was the first step toward reaching that goal. We finally created a shield around the earth. We do not know whether this will prevent an invasion or if it will be enough to keep us safe. Nevertheless, don't minimize the achievement."

" In the grand scheme of things, this may seem like a small step. But it's the beginning. It's the beginning of a safer future. It's the beginning of a new era. This is a sign of our determination, it means we won't give up. Let's celebrate this accomplishment, and have a great day. Because we will start the next phase tomorrow. " said Albert.

42 years have passed since the monster attacked the lab. Many people were killed and two people disappeared in the portal the moster created. A janitor and Emily, Albert's  friend.

The day still haunts Albert in nightmares. In the years since then, he has dedicated his life to preventing anything similar from happening again. After the attack on the lab, everything around the facility changed. They abandoned it and now have multiple facilities around the world. It became an international organization with funding from 67 countries and became the first line of defence against extraterrestrial attacks. It was largely due to Albert's involvement. They call the organisation FIESTAA
( Federation of International Extra terrestrial & Space Threat Analysing Agency )

During the past 30 years, they have launched 14 space missions, created a shield around the earth so that no spacecrafts or meteors can enter the atmosphere, and created new weapons and suits designed to defend the earth.

Six of those 14 missions are dedicated to finding life in other galaxies. A discovery found on Titan, the moon of Jupiter, made all of them possible. There they discovered an ancient alien spaceship, which was millions of years old.

There were two important discoveries, neither of which were found on the periodic table.

1. A blue rock - They called it Y-limeoum, it produced infinite energy. The only way it could be used safely was if it was covered in a liquid called flaxer.

2. Flaxer - a liquid with a higher heat conduction capacity. Y-limeoum can only be used if it's in a chamber filled with flaxer. In this way, the Y-limeoum will stay cool and won't overheat or explode.

There are still many mysteries surrounding the ship. It was difficult to study it due to a lack of resources. But they are actually working on a project that will send humans to Titan to get a better understanding of the ship.

One of the recruits selected for the Jupiter mission is Allen, a skinny guy in his late 20s.

" Allen....." Albert called him

" Sir " he went quickly

" Walk with me. " said Albert

The two of them started walking around.