Chapter 20- Escape Plan

Everything was going according to their plan. Mary told Wayne about the camp's party nights.

Every month, they throw a party. The majority of guys will be drunk. Once the party is over, they won't even be able to hold a weapon. Security will be kept to an absolute minimum.

They usually celebrate on some random day, Their leader decides when to celebrate. So until the announcement, Wayne and Mary have to be ready.

It's been 3 days since they had that discussion. Nothing happened. Wayne grows eager. He wants to get back to the ship as soon as possible. He left the facility several times for different purposes.

Despite being in bed, he wasn't asleep. Just thinking about all the things that happened to him. He suddenly remembered Emily's face, she was laughing. But then he heard her screaming.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes briefly and rose from his bed, walking straight to the kitchen.

" Hey " he went into the kitchen

" Hey, Morning " she was washing the dishes

" You need any help ? " he asked her

" No, I can do it myself " she replied

" Ok fine " Wayne took some food and went to a table

" Hey man guess what " Harry patted on his shoulder

" What ? " Wayne looked up

" You know what day it is ?" He asked

" Is it Christmas ?" Wayne asked sarcastically

" Sometimes I don't understand any of your jokes " Harry replied

" So tell me what day it is " said Wayne

" Well it's party day!!! " Harry did a few dance moves.

Mary stopped washing, she slowly turned around.

Wayne felt happy, but he didn't show it. He pretended like he doesn't know anything " What party ?"

" Well .... One day of every month we celebrate our life. It's one of the rare pleasures of this dead world.."

" We celebrate today like there is no tomorrow. Forget about our worries. I usually drink to the point where I pass out." Said Harry

" That seems fun.... So when does the party start ? " Wayne asked Harry

" Evening, probably around 4.00 pm " Harry replied

" Cool. " Said Wayne

Wayne waited until Harry was gone, then he went to Mary.

" It's finally happening " he told her while putting the plate down.

" What's the plan ?" She asked

" I'll come back when the time is right. " said Wayne

" What about the code ? We need it to open the door " Mary asked Wayne

He already knew it, he used the drones. " I know the code, it wasn't that hard." Wayne told her.

They both walked away.

Time has passed, and the celebration has begun. The majority of people are drunk. Wayne pretends he is drunk too. Later, he saw an opportunity. No one was paying attention to anything at all. It is now, he has decided. He left without being noticed by anyone.