He Was Happy

Where we would usually have been drowning in silence for the week of exams, this year was once again like no other. The final task seemed to be the only thing on anyone's mind all week, and surprisingly I had to agree. Despite the past few days with the funeral, inheritance meeting, packing and unpacking more of my things and attempting not to fail any of my finals which, aside from Hermione, I seemed to be the only one who cared about, most of my time was spent thinking about the final task and what they would make the champions do, whether Harry was prepared for it, whether I would be kidnapped once again.

"Hey," Fred's voice finally cut through my monologue as he bumped his elbow against my shoulder. "Everything's gonna be fine."

"What do you mean?" I asked, sneaking a look up from the moving staircase taking us towards the Great Hall.

"I've been talking to you for about five minutes now with no response." His mouth lifted into a small smirk. "Whatever you're stressing about? It's gonna be fine."

"Exams." I started, "And Harry, and the final task... and him getting bullied if he wins... or if he doesn't win. And I still feel weird after the funeral and..."

We had reached the first floor by the time Fred cut me off, his fingers lifting my chin to stare into his golden brown eyes.

"We're going to have to find you some stress relief." His smug smile coming closer to my face with every word until he pressed his lips to mine. I felt one hand slide down my cheek until it was behind my neck, fingers working themselves into the back of my hair as his other arm pulled my waist closer into him.

"Hey, before you swallow her whole..." George's voice behind Fred shocked the two of us apart, and we watched him snigger as he lead the way into the Great Hall, not bothering to finish his sentence. The large room was still mostly empty, too many students gathered outside in the halls stuck in excited conversations. Yet, even if every bench had been filled, I could never have missed the red heads.

"Mum?" Fred called, the short lady turning in her seat at her son's voice, her eyes lighting up once she saw the three of us.

"Boys!" She grinned, stepping out from the bench, Bill sat next to Harry still, offering a cheerful smile to his brothers and then to me and watching Molly embrace both twins in matching massive hugs.

"What are you doing her-" George started, his sentence cutting off when Molly rushed towards me, not bothering for any words before she pulled me into her arms.

"Oh, Cassidy!" Her face was flushed red as she pulled back to meet my eyes. "I'm so happy, you and Fred. It's about time, if you ask me, but better late than never-"

"Mum!" Fred exclaimed, attempting to pull her from my side and back to the table.

"Oh, enough of that, Freddie." She brushed him off, taking my arm and walking me to the table where George and Bill were now pestering Harry for details of the task and what he had planned.

"I heard about your father, too dear. I know it must be a confusing thing for you..." She whispered from her spot next to me. "I'm sorry for your loss, and you know we're always here for you."

I chewed my lower lip and gave her a nod and a small smile.

"What are you doing here?" Fred repeated his brother's previously ignored question.

"We came to watch Harry's final task." She answered, as if it should have been obvious.

"Charlie wanted to come too, and Dad, but couldn't get time off work." Bill explained, "Heard you did really well against the Horntail though, Harry."