September

I blinked into the unusually dim room. I kept my curtains open in my room at the Burrow, letting the sun wake me up each day, yet I was growing more accustomed to sleeping in with the shades drawn the more nights I spent with Fred. I rolled over to face him, only to be met with the rare sight of an empty bed. I scanned the room, as if he might have simply been hiding, or had possibly fallen from the bed and continued right on with his sleep.

I tossed the blankets off my legs, pulling on a pair of Fred's, hopefully clean, sweatpants and yanking the door open to their flat. Both of the boys were sat beside one another at the small round kitchen table, matching coffee mugs in their hands and a stack of fat pancakes piled before them.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked as I drew closer, both of them looking up at my voice.

"How often do you get to sleep in?" Fred shrugged, taking another sip of his coffee.

I pulled a chair out across from them, tucking my legs beneath me and grabbing a plate, piling some pancakes onto my plate as George sent a mug of coffee towards me with the flick of his wand.

None of us spoke for a few minutes as I dug into my breakfast before I realized they were both sporting matching smirks, their drinks apparently long forgotten now.

"What?" I asked, feeling at my hair in case it looked insane from my sleep. The boys didn't answer, both still smiling as Fred took another sip from his mug. "What are you looking like that for?"

Before I could pounce on either of them like I so badly wanted to, Fred held up a long, thin envelope, his eyebrows raised as my stomach dropped.

"Are those..."

"O.W.L's." George smiled, watching Fred toss the envelope towards me.

I stared at my name, printed neatly across the front of the envelope, no longer having an ounce of an appetite for my breakfast.

"Come on, Cass, like you didn't scrounge up thirty Outstanding's." George rolled his eyes, lunging across the table only a second too late to grab the envelope as I yanked it from his reach.

"Just open it. You'll feel better." Fred nodded, taking another bite of pancake, syrup oozing back down to his plate from his fork.

I tore a corner from the envelope and slid my finger along the edge, hardly taking a breath as I pulled out the parchment inside. I tried to ignore the feeling of both of their eyes on me as I read.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Cassidy Marie Olsen has achieved:

Astronomy | A

Care of Magical Creatures | O

Charms | O

Defense Against the Dark Arts | E

Divination | A

Herbology | O

History of Magic | A

Potions | E

Transfiguration | A

I took a breath, scanning over the list again to be sure. Three outstanding's was more than you had ever even hoped for. Charms, sure, I had expected that. I had also expected to have completely failed Divination and Potions as well.