Chapter 16- Popcorn

"You're shitting me

"You're shitting me." -Lorelai Grambs

---

It was dinner time and as usual, I dined alone. I had eaten a few spoonful's but my stomach didn't want anymore food so I sat there, with my head on the table, as I stared at the sparkling water. I swirled the ice around with my glass straw and watched the liquid as it glittered. 

I was waiting for me to find the urge to eat, "Do you mind?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw Libby, she was with Avery. "Go ahead." both girls took my cue and sat down with me. Two butlers walked over to place a plate of food in front of them. 

The air hung heavy with awkwardness, none of us spoke. The occasional scratch of cutlery on porcelain sounded but other than that, silence. My ice had started to melt but I did nothing to finish my drink. I didn't like fizzy water anyway. 

"So." Avery started, "So." Libby imitated, I glanced at both girls before eating a cherry tomato. I didn't want to talk, what better thing to do than stuff my face with food. "I've probably told you how sorry I am about a million times." Libby started. "Make this a million and one." I finished chewing my tomato and didn't move to eat another one.

"Rors, I didn't mean to tell Xander or Nash. I just thought you wouldn't mind, it was wrong of me to say anything without asking you. But please, please forgive me Rory. I can't keep waking up with the thought that you hate me." she stopped talking. I looked at my sister with a slight frown.

"It was a bitchy thing you did." I watched as they both winced at my profanity. "But I can't stay mad at you forever." I gave her a small smile. "I missed you." I mumbled to my sister. 

Libby practically knocked the air out of my lungs with how tight her embrace was. "I missed you more baby sister." she kissed the top of my head repeatedly. Avery looked slightly awkward behind her, we locked eyes but she turned away. 

What was wrong? "We should have a sleepover in your room." Libby suggested, "That's a great idea." I smiled, still worried about Avery. "What do you think?" Libby turned to our other sister. She stood up and walked over to me, "I missed you so much and I'm so sorry for telling Libby without your permission." she whispered before wrapping her arms around me.

I was seated while my sisters hugged me, I felt loved. I felt so much love that I could burst. They were my family, always and forever. 

My sisters were the best part of me. 

Someone barged into the dining room, driving our attention away from each other. It was Alisa with some woman. "Lorelai, we need to talk." Alisa nodded towards the door and I followed, without Avery and Libby. I glanced back at my sisters, both had confused looks on their faces.