Chapter 52- Bonbons

"She saw me

"She saw me." -Jameson Hawthorne

---

We were back in the wretched room. Everyone was here, Nash, my sister, Xander, and Grayson. I didn't look at him. After earlier in his room, I left quickly.

My feelings were numbed, paused, they didn't know what to do now or how to react. I was mad then hurt, but now nothing. There was an empty chasm in my mind where thoughts of him once lingered. "You might as well unlock yours." Xander told his two older brother's, I made sure to stand by Avery.

I watched as Nash lifted him palm to a touch pad, in my periphery I could see Grayson doing the same. My eyes remained on the cowboy but my attention was nailed to Grayson. He moved with ease, precision, like he'd done this multiple times. Who the hell did he think he was? Acting so nonchalant when I'm over here avoiding him.

He put his hand down and I rolled my eyes. I let my gaze roam everywhere else so they wouldn't land on him. I counted the touchpads, four in total. Avery's face opened the door that led into here, then where was I to fit in this puzzle?

Suddenly someone jumped into the room, Jameson, I could feel my sister's breath pause for a couple of seconds before resuming. I glanced at the third Hawthorne but made no reaction to greet him.

"You don't know when to stop, do you, Heiress?" Jameson asked with a whimsical smirk. It was a reflex to look over at Grayson once we heard the nickname. His eyes were on me too, but no amusement flickered past us. I tore my gaze away and returned to looking between Jameson and my sister. "I'm tougher than I look." she said. I didn't know what was going on between them.

Eventually Jameson pressed his hand on the pad that bore his initials, the last deadbolt clicked and the door was opened. Everyone looked at the door, footsteps, all our attention was stolen by Jameson, again.

I fought the urge to pull open the door myself, there must be something in there for me to unlock, maybe a code only I knew? But then again, what code did I know? Avery spoke but my ears refused to listen to her. She was conversing with Jameson, something about him going to the wine cellar, I was surprised he wasn't the first to see behind the door.

I looked over at Nash but he was leaning against the wall, listening. He met my eyes and gave me a crooked smile, I gave a small one back just for niceties, "The old man knew what, Jamie?" Grayson's voice filled my senses.

I didn't have to tear my eyes from Nash, my body reacted on command. His voice did that. "Knew what, Jamie?" Grayson repeated. I glanced over at Jameson only to see that he was looking over at his brother.

"What happened on ten-eighteen." Jameson replied. I could hear the gears in Ave's head turning, they mentioned our birthday, a death anniversary. "It was my fault." Grayson strode forward, taking Jameson's shoulders in his hands. "I'm the one who took Emily there. I knew it was a bad idea, and I didn't care. I just wanted to win. I wanted her to choose me."