Chapter 46- Whipped Cream

"Eat, Drink

"Eat, Drink. I'm starting to feel like Alice." -Lorelai Grambs
(3rd POV)

---

Lorelai fell asleep on the car ride home.

After her momentary breakdown, she forced Grayson to call Mike in to help with her cut. It made him feel slightly bothered that she asked for the presence of another besides him, but he did as she asked nonetheless. Mike cleaned up her bandages, sure. But Grayson was the one she held onto.

"Wake her." Mike said from the front seat, he drove the car while Grayson and Rory sat at the back. "No." the blonde replied almost instantly, he couldn't believe Mike wanted to disrupt her peace. She had her head on his shoulder so he couldn't really see what she looked like but he didn't mind, the warmth radiating off her and onto him was enough, for now.

The car slowed down when they neared the House. Grayson was surprised that both Mike and Lorelai made no objections to riding a car again after what had happened earlier that day. The blonde man had his phone in his right hand as he scrolled through Twitter, he was reading up on the accident. There was a blurry picture of Rory on her hands and knees, like she had fallen, with some red on her legs, it was taken further away so one couldn't really make out the injury unless they knew it was there. The picture was taken from a police car with the quality of an older iPhone.

He scrolled some more and stopped at another picture. It was Drake being taken away by the cops. There was a crazed look in his eyes but his face was calm, despite just being in a car crash. Almost as if whoever had let him in Hawthorne House that night was going to aid him in escaping the authorities. Drake looked reassured by his mysterious partner.

"We're home, Mr. Hawthorne." Mike informed him, Grayson's eyes turned to Lorelai right away. She was still asleep but her head was beginning to fall off his shoulder. "I can't wake her up." he hadn't said won't. Mike parked the car and placed his hand on the handle, "Then I suppose I will." he exited the car, and for the split second that he was gone, Grayson had to frantically think of a different solution.

The left backseat door opened, Lorelai now the only barrier between him and the outside. Grayson wrapped an arm around her protectively, her bare shoulder was cold. "Don't, I'll carry her to her room." he kept his hold tight but gentle. Mike was surprised, he didn't actually think that Grayson would suggest that himself. "Of course." Mike kept his face neutral as he stepped to the side to give them privacy, he left the car door open though. He still had a job to do and even if he liked Grayson, he still had no reason to trust him 100%.

The blonde man let go of Lorelai and moved her head to let it rest against the car seat instead. He exited through the door on the right side and practically jogged to the left once he was out. Rory's head was just the way he had left it, erasing his thoughts that she had possibly fallen over on the seat during his short walk to the other side.