Epilogue

"Six

"Six." -Lorelai Grambs

---

I scribbled on a birthday card as I sat with my sister at the diner. Avery was busy building something, her tongue stuck out the side of her mouth in concentration. "There." she beamed, I looked up from my task to see that she had managed to make a castle out of the sugar packets.

"Happy birthday, Avery." I smiled at my sister and handed her my card, her name was crooked on the front, drawn from a blue crayon. "This is for you." she took the card and embraced me tightly, "Avery Kylie Grambs!" our moms voice sounded from the end of the table, she was back to check on us during her shift. "What have I told you about building castles out of sugar?" she placed her hands on her hips teasingly.

"It's only worth it if you can go five stories tall!" Avery replied before mom turned to me and looked at the card in my sister's hands, "And you, Lorelai Grambs." her tone became softer as she sat down with a tray of burgers, careful not to ruin Avery's castle, "You drew all over the table." she grabbed a napkin but before she could clean it, I had already seen my accidental doodles.

My memory ended there, but my brain was electrified with the sudden recollection that it opted to continue.

A man in the booth behind us glanced back, he had asked how old we were, "Six." I answered for us. Avery peered at him nervously, stranger danger and all. "I have some grandsons who are just about your age." the man had said. Grandsons. "Tell me, Avery, could you spell your name? Your full name, like your mom said a minute ago?"

I was the youngest of us both, but I knew it was unwise, "No. She can't, sorry mister." then I had pulled Avery back down beside me so we were no longer looking at him.

Avery and I looked back at each other then at the objects, I handed her her sugar. "Guess he found out the spelling after all." I muttered, neither of us smiled.

We told no one about our little recollection of meeting Tobias Hawthorne. It was our own secret, Avery had a built in teammate in me, she didn't need Jameson just like I didn't need Grayson.

The both of us were the first to leave, arousing suspicion from the rest. She and I made it into the Great Room, Mike and Oren were there. I looked over at my bodyguard and forced a friendly smile, "Do you know what's down there?" Avery asked Oren, the man just examined us both, "Besides the tunnels? No." he replied before his eyes landed on the group of Hawthorne boys behind us, "Should I?"

I looked at Mike and wondered if he was going to ask me about it too.

"No." I answered for my sister once again.

***
author's note and info about book 2 in the chapter after the bonus scenes we never got, YES THERES BONUS STUFF

also me and spanish guy arent dating yet and also hes 20 and im not 20

HIRAETH [1] || Grayson HawthorneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara