Chapter 37- Mochi

"Why were you focused on my lips?" -Grayson Hawthorne(reference hide and seek: midnights album by taylor swift)

(reference hide and seek: midnights album by taylor swift)

---

I was back home after an uneventful day in school. The classes were kind of hazy in my mind, I don't really remember what I learned. I think a teacher mentioned something about the different hues of a color, I recall her mentioning lavender. I think?

I sighed and stepped out of the car as Mike led me into the house. He went in first to make sure no one would stab me the second I came through the doors. I don't think the maids would appreciate cleaning up my maroon blood off the expensive tiles. Mike motioned that it was okay for me to go inside so I did.

We both made our way to my room silently, he stood outside while I went in. Mike continued to act like Oren, not bothering to bid me a good afternoon or even look my way.

I practically ran for my bed and belly-flopped on it. School used to be my sanctuary, I used to look forward to it since it would mean I just get to sit around and do nothing while listening to the teachers. Plus I get to learn at the same time so it was a win-win situation.

Orion sniffed my arm and stuck his tongue out to taste it, I chuckled and pet his head, ruffling his hair. "You're very cute today." I mentioned. He just sighed and sat down beside me.

I adjusted to lay on my back so I could stare at the ceiling. I felt calmer with the silence surrounding me, sweet, sweet nothing. I could hear the rustling of the tree outside my window, working as white noise.

I loved this, the serenity of my room. The peace that enveloped me. It was pure heaven. I felt bigger than the whole sky above Texas or Paris. I've always wanted to go there. I let my mind wander for a while as I grew sleepier.

I could feel my eyes start to droop just as someone knocked on my closet door. Only one person came to mind. Grayson. I groaned and refused to stand up to let him in. Why did he always know how to catch me at the worst time? Was he some kind of mastermind or psychic or something?

He knocked again, this time louder. "Lorelai, I heard you." he said. I stayed silent, punching air. I wanted an after school nap but now I couldn't even get that. I was now completely certain that a glitch happened in the matrix that caused me and my sister to get an entire family along with the inheritance.

Grayson tapped his shoes against the marble floor in the closet, making it echo into my room. I took a few deep breaths so I could remain relaxed. "Lorelai." he grumbled. Grayson was seriously giving off anti-hero vibes right now. I wanted to smash his shoe on the ground just like Steve Lacy did with that one camera.

I clamped my hands over my ears to try and block him out. I'll make him think I'm not in here.

He knocked louder, I hope Mike heard that so he'll go in and kick Grayson out for me. "Lorelai, open up. It's about your letter from my grandfather." he mentioned.