Chapter 20- Yogurt

"Too bad, so sad

"Too bad, so sad." -Rory
---

I was reading on my bed with Orion by my legs when someone abruptly entered my room and slammed the door. It was Avery, "Zara spoke to me." she said, striding over to my bed. I didn't need to scoot over since the mattress was huge. "What did she say?" I asked, folding the corner of the page I was in.

My twin started to explain the talk she had with Zara, "It started off unpleasant but--" she paused, "Rors. Do you understand that we can change the world? We're like Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg rich now. We can help people and strangely, Zara wants to help us help people." she was rambling.

I frowned, "Zara wants to help us?" I was confused, that woman never seemed nice or trustworthy in my opinion. "I don't trust her either but she told me that we should meet her after school, at the foundation." Avery continued.

"Oren didn't want me to stay in the room alone with her, I think if Zara reaches a dead end.." she paused. I frowned and tried to understand what she was saying but couldn't. I could feel Avery hesitate before talking. "Look, all I'm trying to say is that we should be careful." she looked at me, her hair was a mess but it was a perfect kind of mess. Gosh, our stylists were really good.

---

It was Sunday, Avery was out browsing the Red Will. I, on the other hand, was riding a bicycle down the halls. This brilliant idea was introduced to me by Libby. The both of us were playing tag, she was somewhere on the second floor. Both of us sported a bike to make the game more enjoyable.

Mike was following but didn't make his presence known. I rang the bell on the handle to let her know where I was. Libby rang her bell back, I turned left in an attempt to get closer to the sound.

To be honest, I wasn't really playing tag. I was mostly just sight seeing, the house was huge and the second floor alone would take hours to explore completely. I made a right and bumped right into Libby.

"Oh shit." she swore. I propped a leg on the ground so I wouldn't fall. "Tag." I smiled then poked her arm. "Tag." she tried to cheat by tapping me immediately but I was back on my bike in a flash.

"Try again next time!" I yelled while pedaling away. I heard the chains of her bike clank as she got on. I made a right then another right. I glanced back to check if she was chasing me. She wasn't.

I sighed and smiled to myself, tag was easy in a mansion. I turned left and continued straight down the long hallway. It had marble floors with a red carpet down at the center, the walls were white with some design engraved on them.

I loved this house but the people that lived in it were.. debatable.

There was some noise up ahead, could it be Libby? I checked to make sure she wasn't behind me before stopping. I heard some footsteps, it grew louder and louder as I just stayed still.

Someone laughed, it sounded feminine. I couldn't recognize it though. I got back on my bike and U-turned out of there. "Really Skye?" I heard a male voice, this one I recognized.

I felt my blood drain from my face as I tried to think of an excuse, surely he couldn't be here. I chuckled at my delusion and turned a corner, away from Skye and the mystery man. Though, a part of me believed that the man wasn't really a mystery.

"Rors!" Libby exclaimed from my right, she was at a hallway that led towards mine. "You can't catch me!!" I teased then sped up, throwing Skye to the back of my head. Libby was hot on my tail, I didn't want to be 'it' so soon.

I made a right and biked around some large statue, this hallway was bigger than others. I saw the double doors beside each other, it led to me and Ave's rooms.

My sister appeared beside me, she reached over but I swerved left. "Too bad, so sad." I giggled like a child and turned around to go back to the statue. Libby chased after me, "Slow down." she panted.

The both of us were biking around the statue, I started planning what to do next. I saw opportunity strike, I was going to take this chance of escape. I made one last circle around the statue before standing to pedal faster.

I hurried towards my bedroom doors and then made a left. Libby was somewhere behind me, I could hear her.

"Rors!" she complained, my older sister hated being the chaser. I wanted to win but I loved my sister more so I slowed down just a bit so she could catch up to me but not get suspicious of what I was doing.

"Losers weepers!!" I teased knowing full well that I was going to be the loser.

***
filler chapter also i love libby