Chapter 42- Pepsi Cola

"If it was a snake, it would've died

"If it was a snake, it would've died." -Avery Grambs
(reference hide n seek: love is a dog from hell by charles bukowski)

(3rd POV)

---

It was nearing sunrise. Lorelai was fast asleep but Grayson was not. True to her word, she didn't leave.

The blonde man admired the girl who rested her cheek against his shoulder, they laid on his bed, the thick duvet over both their relaxed bodies. Grayson had his arm around her, keeping her close to him. Rory shifted in her sleep and placed a hand on his chest, right over his heart. The man took a deep shaky breath, he was terrified.

He didn't know what exactly it was that he felt for the brunette but it sure wasn't friendship. A word popped up in his mind. A word he had to keep forcing himself to remember when he hung out with Emily.

Girlfriend.

The thought came so naturally to him when he was with Lorelai. He reached up to brush a few strands of hair away from her cheek to reveal her tranquil expression. What was she dreaming about? Rory's lips quirked up in a small smile, Grayson's chest tightened. He gently stroked her hair, "Good night, Lorelai." he whispered to the sleeping figure.

Grayson moved to pull her closer to him, he shut his eyes and took a long comfortable breath. A few sun rays peeked through the window, landing on the resting couple like a spotlight. It was as if the entire world was waiting for this moment to happen.

---

Rory woke up to an empty bed. She shouldn't have been this hurt by it, it was Grayson. What was she expecting?

She sat up with the duvet bunched around her waist as she looked around. The flowers from the couch were now back inside the tipped over vase. The room looked cleaner than it did last night. Lorelai flopped back down on the bed and covered her face with the duvet. She couldn't believe she had just spent the night in his room with no opposition from either of them.

Someone knocked on the door, shocking her from her budding thoughts. "Rory." it was Mike.

Mike!

Rory immediately scrambled to the door. She had completely forgotten about her bodyguard after last nights events. She pulled open the door, trusting that no one else was outside except him. "Mike, I am so sorry for keeping you here." she began an apology.

"I just lost track of time and fell asleep. Also, I didn't really get to yell at him." she tried to excuse her behavior. Mike just crossed his arms, trying to look serious. "Don't worry about it. I just knocked to ask if you were planning on eating lunch." he said, not questioning her decision to wake up so late. Rory glanced back at the bed, hoping Grayson would magically appear.